Perform travel that may include overnight stays for an extended period
Associate Archaeologist - Required Skills:
• BA or BS in anthropology, archaeology, or closely related field
• Minimum of 5 years experience in CRM; minimum of 2 years experience as crew chief
• Understanding of Southwest prehistory and/or history, archaeological method and theory
• Experience conducting and assisting with all phases of cultural resource investigations
• Experience using GPS, GIS, Tablet
• Ability to generate and organize adequate field records
• Ability to perform fieldwork in adverse conditions (rugged terrain, remote locations, hot and cold temperatures, arid
environments, dense vegetation) and carry up to 25 pounds of equipment
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability and willingness to travel
• Good driving record
• Understanding of applicable federal and state Cultural Resource Management/Historic Preservation laws (Section 106
of NHPA, AAA, and SHPA) preferred
• Experience drafting maps and figures in ArcMap/ArcGIS Desktop 10 preferred • Artifact analysis preferred
• Understanding of prehistoric cultures of Arizona preferred
• Professional experience in the Southwest preferred
Working Conditions and Environment:
Will need the ability to establish rapport quickly with others working on the same project, and be able to promote a positive team environment. A working knowledge of dealing with a diverse population while using tact, diplomacy, and respect.
AZTEC offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, life insurance, short and long-term disability, flexible spending accounts, Paid-time-Off, and a 401(k)/Profit Sharing program.
AZTEC Engineering Group, Inc. (AZTEC) is headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona, and provides diversified technical and consulting services to clients in the United States. AZTEC has offices in California, Colorado, Indiana, Nevada, and Texas. AZTEC is part of the TYPSA Group, an international consulting engineering firm with over 2,600 employees and more than 50 offices worldwide providing multidisciplinary consulting services in the fields of civil engineering, architecture and environment.