As-Needed Field Archaeologist - Sacramento/San Francisco/Sierra Foothills - HELIX Environmental Planning, Inc.
As-Needed Field Archaeologist
HELIX Environmental Planning, Inc. (HELIX), a growing, employee-owned California-based environmental consulting and planning firm, is currently seeking as-needed Field Archaeologists to supplement our high-quality consultant team in Northern California in our Sacramento County office located in Folsom. HELIX offers environmental, cultural resources, biological, acoustical, air quality, and GIS services to both the public and private sectors. Our Northern California Cultural Resources Group performs all types of cultural resources studies for a wide range of project types throughout Northern California. Preference will be given to candidates in the San Francisco Bay area, the Sacramento area, and the Sierra foothills.
The successful applicant will be responsible for assisting senior cultural resource staff on a project-by-project basis. Duties primarily involve fieldwork (surveys, excavation, and construction monitoring), but may also include coordinating fieldwork and crew; conducting archival research and record searches; preparing DPR forms; assisting with report preparation; coordinating with other cultural resource and environmental planning staff and subconsultants; and interacting with construction crews/foremen and clients.
Applicants must have a minimum of 3 years of archaeological experience. Candidates must be familiar with the completion of field forms and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills. Experience with a variety of infrastructure and development project types, document types, and private sector/public agency clients is desirable. Experience working on telecom projects a plus. Applicants must have a strong work ethic, positive attitude, and experience working in a team-oriented environment.
Please submit a cover letter with resume.
HELIX is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage all qualified applicants to apply regardless of gender, race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, age, family status, or veteran status.
· Bachelor's Degree in archaeology, anthropology, history, or closely related field or equivalent experience.
· Minimum of 3 years of experience in archaeology, with increasing levels of responsibility.
· Demonstrated experience conducting archaeological fieldwork that entails survey, in-field analysis, and documentation.
· Experience with field data collection and management of field data and forms.
· Experience with prehistoric and historic archaeology in Northern and Central California.
· Strong interpersonal, writing, organizational, and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to work in diverse terrain and remote locations; comfortable with strenuous hiking and varying climate conditions.
· Ability to conduct fieldwork out of town for multiple consecutive days.
Please apply through our website at the following link.