Architectural Historian - Permanent Full time
Quality Services, Inc., Rapid City, South Dakota, is seeking a Secretary of the Interior standards qualified principal investigator Architectural Historian. The position involves historic structures survey, National Register of Historic Places and analysis, directing field surveys and research tasks, writing Section 106 reports including determinations of eligibility and effects, historic context studies, Memoranda of Agreement, and HABS/HAER documentation. Applicants may be required to walk in rough terrain, carry up to 40 lbs., and deal with variable and inclement weather conditions, be able to sit, stoop, bend, and climb, and to use hand tools, shovels and screening and other field equipment.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in architectural history, history, historic preservation,
American studies, or a related discipline.
· One to three years of experience in architectural history and historic preservation.
· Knowledge of Section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act and the necessary
regulatory steps as it applies to historic properties
· Ability to direct/conduct architectural history field surveys and focused architectural research
· Master’s degree in architectural history, history, historic preservation, American studies, or
· Ability to interact with project managers, clients, and review agencies in a professional
· Ability to manage multiple projects effectively and professionally with limited oversight
· HABS/HAER experience
· Experience in preparation of National Register of Historic Places structure nominations
· SHPO review experience
· Strong technical writing and oral communication skills
· Self-motivated, positive, energetic, with ability to work and participate on a team or
individually in a fast-paced environment
· Knowledge of federal, state, and local historic preservation regulations
How to Apply
Please submit your resume/vita, writing samples, and references to ehouk@...
Quality Services, Inc.
Archeology, Architectural History, Geophysics, History & Paleontology
1621 Sheridan Lake Road, Suite A
Rapid City, South Dakota 57702-3432
NOTICE OF CONFIDENTIALITY
This email message and its attachments (if any) are intended solely for the use of the addressees thereof. In addition, this message and the attachments (if any) may contain information that is confidential, privileged and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are prohibited from reading, disclosing, reproducing, distributing, disseminating or otherwise using this transmission. Delivery of this message to any person other than the intended recipient is not intended to waive any right or privilege. If you have received this message in error, please promptly notify the sender by reply e-mail and immediately delete this message from your system.