Architectural Historian – Parsippany, NJ
Architectural Historian – Parsippany, NJ
Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
We are currently seeking applications for an immediate Architectural Historian position. The architectural historian requires candidates who ideally have at least five (5) years of experience conducting historical research and working on regional surveys to identify aboveground cultural resources that may meet the criteria to be eligible to the National Register of Historic Places.
The ideal candidate must be familiar with Section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act and with local guidelines and regulations in states where projects are proposed. Projects are located across the United States and will sometimes require field investigations that will require reimbursed travel.
• The architectural historian must have the capability and experience to interpret data collected in the field, including an ability to recognize and describe vernacular and formal architectural styles, style-date aboveground cultural resources, and assess a resource’s potential to be eligible to the National Register of Historic Places
• The architectural historian must have excellent skills in photography and the ability to use a GPS geotagging camera attachment and experience with GPS and GIS programs on a digital platform such as iPAD or iPhone
• Clear writing skills and use of a computer and a field iPad are essential for capturing field notes, writing reports, and communicating with co-workers, project managers, and regulatory agencies from federal and state governments
• Ability to work with and regularly communicate with colleagues and to take direction from a supervisor, and project managers
• MA or MS degree in historic architecture, American Studies, Historic Preservation, or other related field
• At least five years’ experience as a professional architectural historian in the US (Northeast and Middle Atlantic US preferred, but familiarity with other regions would be very helpful)
• Experience in performing work compliant with Section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act
• Candidate must be hard-working, good-natured, capable of working with others, capable of giving clear explanations and direction, capable of taking direction from project managers and supervisors
Other Desirable Knowledge and Experience:
• Experience with consideration of project viewsheds using standard methods such as developed by BLM, NPS, and other agencies
• Up-to-date Red Cross First-Aid and CPR training
• Interested candidates must provide at least three professional references with current email addresses and telephone numbers for each reference
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com, follow us on Twitter (@TetraTech or like us on Facebook. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies