Topics

Archeological Principal Investigator - McKinney, Denton, Waco, Texas - Integrated Environmental Solutions

Kevin Stone

Company: Integrated Environmental Solutions, LLC

Position: Archeological Principal Investigator, Full-Time

Location: McKinney/Denton/Waco, Texas

Greetings,

As the Cultural Resources Director at IES, I wanted to take a moment to detail our needs and why we are excited to add another full time Archeological Principal Investigator to our team.  Prior to my employment at IES, cultural resources projects at the company were few, relatively small, and were often subcontracted to other firms.  When I came to IES in 2012, I was given the reigns to mold the cultural resources department into a self-sustaining entity within the company.  I took full advantage of the opportunity presented and have expanded the cultural resources department from 1 to 8 permanent staff members.  This growth also contributed to the need for an expansion from 1 to 3 offices in Texas, which are in McKinney, Denton, and Waco.  Our projects now transpire across Texas and Oklahoma and the complexity of work spans the entire spectrum from simple desktop reviews to Phase III data recovery projects.  Over the last three years, the scale, scope, and number of projects has expanded exponentially.  A big part to this success is the continuous expansion and fortification of our team’s skillsets.  Although our team is fairly small, we pack a big punch having experts in Historic Archeology, Prehistoric Archeology, GIS Analysis, Geophysical Techniques, Deed/Title and Archival Research, Technical Report Writing, and Curation to name a few.  Our ever-expanding workload and desire to further fortify our knowledge, skills, and abilities is the reason we are eager to hire an additional Principal Investigator.  As with every staff member, my team and I will help maximize the selected candidate’s potential and hand them the reigns to their own career.  We are excited to hear from you and to learn about how you can help take IES to the next step in our evolution.

In the socially distant and work from home world we live in today, we are open for the selected candidate to work from home as needed.  However, training, meetings, and general collaboration will need to transpire in person at times.  As such, we require that an applicant live within an approximate 2-hour radius from either the DFW metroplex and/or Waco areas.  However, preference will be given to local candidates who can daily commute to DFW and/or Waco offices if required.

IES is more than just an archeological consulting firm.  Please visit our website at www.intenvsol.com for more information.

Ideal Candidate Qualifications:

·        hold a Masters degree in Anthropology, Archeology, or related field that would ensure applicant’s ability to meet the Secretary of Interior Standards for Archeology;

·        have a minimum of five years consulting experience at increasing levels of responsibility;

·        display a thorough understanding of field methodologies, utilizing established standards and procedures for obtaining project approval from Texas and/or Oklahoma SHPOs;

·        possess a thorough understanding of cultural resources regulations;

·        possess specialized knowledge, skills, and abilities outside the general archeological skillset;

·        have proven experience working independently with little supervision;

·        demonstrated abilities related to client management;

·        be listed as an author or contributing author for regulatory compliance reports;

·        proven experience coordination directly with state and federal agencies; and,

·        have a valid driver’s license.

Duties:

This position will require approximately 25 percent fieldwork and 75 percent office, project management, and report production related tasks.  Role of the selected candidate will include, but not limited to, developing methodologies for cultural resources investigations, administering and conducting field investigations, preparing agency coordination letters and technical reports, conducting client/agency coordination, managing budgets, and preparing proposals.

Benefits:

This posting is for an hourly based, full-time position with benefits that include 75 percent employer paid employee health care and dental coverage, accrued personal time off, floating personal holidays, participation in a SIMPLE IRA plan with employer match, company cell phone, and gym membership.

Salary:

Compensation for this position will be provided on an hourly basis with a yearly salary range between 50,000 and 60,000.  The specific salary amount will be based on the applicant’s qualifications and experience.

To Apply:

To apply, please provide a cover letter and resume that includes a minimum of three references.  As the position will require in depth analysis and technical writing abilities, applicants will be required to submit writing samples.  Please submit resumes to admin@....  IES is a drug free workplace.  The selected candidate will be required to take a pre-employment DOT 5 drug screening.  All IES employees are required to be available for periodic random drug testing.

Best,

Kevin Stone, MA, RPA

Vice President – Cultural Resources Director

Integrated Environmental Solutions, LLC

600 Columbus, Suite 106

Waco, Texas 76701

(972) 562-7672 (o)