Archaeology Technicians - Parsippany, New Jersey, United States - Tetra Tech

rjoe_brandon

ūüďĀ
Science
Óúł
19400001349
Apply for JobShare this JobSign Up for Job Alerts

Discover your full potential. At Tetra Tech, we are working together for the future of our world. We combine engineering and science with advanced analytics and technology to solve the world’s most complex challenges.  Our innovation hubs across the globe will enable you to share ideas and best practices while growing your professional network. Wherever you are in your career journey, you will benefit from working with world-class engineers, scientists, and technologists.

Join us today. You will be proud to be a part of a company built on Leading with Science.

Tetra Tech’s commitment to hiring the best talent in the industry and helping them thrive professionally is stronger than ever. We are currently seeking applications for part-time, Archaeological Technicians for work in New York State and other locations. The Archaeological Technician positions require candidates who ideally have at least one (1) to two (2) years of experience conducting archaeological surveys that include systematic shovel testing and pedestrian survey to identify cultural artifacts.

The ideal candidate should be familiar with standard archaeological survey techniques, ability to record information on digital media such as an iPAD, and some experience using GPS and GIS programs on digital media.

The project is part-time for about five weeks with the potential to be subsequent projects after.

Pay rate will range between $18 - $24 per hour and will be based on individual qualifications, experience, and assigned project role.

Responsibilities:

  • Conduct archaeological field reconnaissance, excavate shovel tests, conduct pedestrian survey, excavate test units, identify cultural artifacts and features, systematically record field information.
  • Work with and regularly communicate with colleagues and to take direction from a supervisor, and project managers.¬†
  • Write clearly and use a computer such as a field iPad for capturing field notes and communicating with co-workers and supervisors.
  • Use a computer to track time spent on projects and for reporting expenses for reimbursement.
  • Fieldwork may not be local to the home office or the technician‚Äôs residence.

Requirements:

  • BA degree in archaeology, anthropology, or a related field.
  • 1 ‚Äď 2 years of experience as a professional archaeological technician working in New York or other northeastern or Middle Atlantic area.¬†
  • Survey work requires skills in identifying cultural artifacts relating to a broad spectrum of cultural time periods.¬†
  • Shovel testing, pedestrian survey, and recording of field observations on digital media are important skills.
  • Experience in performing work compliant with Section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act.
  • Candidate must be hard-working, good-natured, capable of working with others, capable of communicating with co-workers clearly, capable of taking direction from project managers and supervisors.
  • Candidate must be in good physical condition, able to carry up to 35 lbs. while walking and possibly hiking and able to bend, lift relatively heavy loads, and tolerate some weather extremes (heat and cold).

Other Desirable Knowledge and Experience:

  • Experience with GPS and GIS.¬†
  • Up-to-date Red Cross First-Aid and CPR training.
  • Interested candidates must provide at least three professional references with current email addresses and telephone numbers for each reference.

Candidate Must Have:

  • Archaeological field school training or equivalent.
  • Two years archaeological professional experience in US, Northeast preferred.
  • Experience in identifying archaeological artifacts related to both historic and pre-contact time periods.
  • Ability to work outdoors under strenuous and rugged conditions.
  • Experience using computers and GPS instruments for field recordation.
  • Ability to work with a team and to take direction from a supervisor.
  • Good oral and written communication skills.
  • Good attitude.
  • Care and concern for health and safety of self and team members, following company health and safety protocols.

About Tetra Tech:

Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees‚ÄĒ 20,000 associates working together to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in¬†water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.¬†¬†Explore our open positions at¬†https://www.tetratech.com/en/careers. LinkedIn: @TetraTechCareers Twitter: @TetraTechJobs Facebook: @TetraTechCareers

At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits

Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity and inclusion are among Tetra Tech’s core values. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized equitable inclusion of all people.  All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, abilities, sexual orientation, and gender identity.   We invite resumes from all interested parties.  Please visit our website at www.tetratech.comto see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.

Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.

Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran.

No calls or agencies.

Additional Information