Archaeology Field Supervisor for Phoenix, AZ - Job Posting for AZTEC Engineering
Archaeology Field Supervisor- Job Description
We are currently seeking resumes from qualified Archaeology Field Supervisors for our Phoenix, Arizona office. The role will be to lead and perform all aspects of archaeological investigation, assist with completion and submittal of technical reports and work plans.
• Perform archaeological research and conduct site file searches at federal, state and private repositories
• Direct and participate in all types of archaeological field investigations
• Adhere to project budgets and schedules
• Supervise and guide field staff
• Assist crew members with use of proper field methods and completion of field forms based on information provided in work plan and/or field manual
• Prepare technical reports documenting the results of research and fieldwork
• Document, evaluate, and make recommendations for significance, effect, and treatment of cultural properties in accordance with Section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act
• Identify appropriate National Register criteria of eligibility/apply aspects of integrity in evaluation of archaeological resources
• Assist clients with state, federal, and tribal cultural resources compliance
• Perform travel that may include overnight stays for an extended period
Archaeology Field Supervisors- Required Skills:
• MA/MS in Anthropology, Archaeology, or related field
• 5 years of experience conducting and supervising excavation/monitoring/survey
• Prior experience writing CRM technical documents
• Comprehension of archaeological field methods, research domains, and Southwestern or CA cultural traditions
• Familiarity with agency reporting standards, guidelines, and permitting requirements as they pertain to report content
• Experience using GPS and tablet
• Thoroughness and attention to detail
• Ability to work closely with project team
• Ability to mentor junior staff
• Ability to meet deadlines and/or adhere to project schedule
• Ability and willingness to travel outside Metro Phoenix
• Good driving record, reliable transportation
• Understanding of applicable federal and state CRM/HP/Environmental laws (Section 106 of NHPA, ARPA, NEPA, CEQA, AAA, and SHPA) preferred
• Experience using ArcMap/ArcGIS Desktop 10 preferred
• Artifact analysis preferred
• Understanding of Southwestern and/or CA prehistory and history preferred
• Professional experience in the Southwest or CA preferred
Working Conditions and Environment:
This position will require general supervision and will have to use independent judgment within established guidelines. Generally uses advanced knowledge to analyze, interpret, or make deductions from varying facts or circumstances. Will need the ability to establish rapport quickly with others working on the same project, and be able to promote a positive team environment. A working knowledge of dealing with a diverse population while using tact, diplomacy, and respect.
AZTEC offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, life insurance, short and long-term disability, flexible spending accounts, Paid-time-Off, and a 401(k)/Profit Sharing program.
AZTEC Engineering Group, Inc. (AZTEC) is headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona, and provides diversified technical and consulting services to clients in the United States. AZTEC has offices in California, Colorado, Indiana, and Nevada. AZTEC is part of the TYPSA Group, an international consulting engineering firm with over 2,600 employees and more than 50 offices worldwide providing multidisciplinary consulting services in the fields of civil engineering, architecture and environment. AZTEC has a diverse culture that focuses on providing rich opportunities for its employees.
AZTEC is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to affirmative action planning and encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual oritnetation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Please apply online at www.aztec.us/career.