Archaeology Field Technicians-Austin Texas-SNC-Lavalin/ Atkins

Shortes, Clayton R

SNC-Lavalin’s Atkins seeks an energetic and highly driven self-starter to join our Austin, TX Cultural Resources Group as an Archaeology Field Technician. Field technician openings are classified as temporary, part-time positions on a project-by-project basis, but there is potential to work up to 40 hours a week and on long-term assignments. Soon, Atkins will be beginning a data recovery project in Williamson County, Texas.

How will you contribute to the team?

  • Field techs will work under the supervision of the Project Archaeologist and/or Crew Chief to conduct archaeological surveys, participate in excavations, and document findings.
  • This may include pedestrian survey, shovel testing, monitoring, NRHP eligibility testing, and mitigation (data recovery).
  • Techs will be responsible for keeping accurate and comprehensive field notes, photo documenting artifacts, projects areas, and sites, collecting and processing artifacts, documenting shovel tests and site locations using a Trimble, and maintaining tools and equipment in good order.

What will you contribute?

  • Bachelor's degree in Archaeology, Anthropology or closely related field.
  • Archaeology Field School is required.
  • At least 1 year of professional field experience
  • Knowledge of applicable state and Federal requirements, especially Section 106, preferred.
  • All candidates should demonstrate knowledge of archaeological survey
  • Phase II (testing) & III (data recovery) experience preferred
  • Knowledge of identifying basic artifact prehistoric and historic classifications.
  • Knowledge of and capable of identifying and accurately reporting archeological features.
  • As required by the project; candidates must possess the ability to examine and evaluate the condition of artifacts and archeological sites, describe facts and events accurately, write neatly and legibly, and track and maintain artifact provenience throughout all stages of collection/processing/analysis/curation.
  • Ability to quickly and accurately produce field maps and sketches.
  • Comfortable with technology including equipment such as professional GPS and survey equipment.
  • Follow instructions precisely and pay close attention to detail; communicate technical information effectively; and establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
  • When conducting fieldwork, candidates must have the ability to work outdoors in varying temperatures and weather conditions, walk long distances, carry up to 40 pounds of equipment, stoop, and squat.
  • The incumbent must have a valid driver's license and a driving record that meets company policy.
  • Must be comfortable driving large standard vehicles, and willing to transport others
  • All candidates must pass a drug screen and background check.
  • Must have enough knowledge of various field techniques to be able to work independently and/or with a team of cultural resources professionals.
  • Atkins does not provide relocation packages for this position.

Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace.  EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.

Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:

https://careers.snclavalin.com/equal-opportunities-statement

Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy.  Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.

By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.

Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:

In the event a recruiter or agency who is not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.  https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies

ATKINS

11801 Domain Boulevard, Suite 500

Austin, Texas

1-(512) 327 6840

Email: russ.shortes@...

This email and any attached files are confidential and copyright protected. If you are not the addressee, any dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited. Unless otherwise expressly agreed in writing, nothing stated in this communication shall be legally binding. The ultimate parent company of the Atkins Group is SNC-Lavalin Group Inc. Registered in Québec, Canada No. 059041-0. Registered Office 455 boul. René-Lévesque Ouest, Montréal, Québec, Canada, H2Z 1Z3. A list of Atkins Group companies registered in the United Kingdom and locations around the world can be found at http://www.atkinsglobal.com/site-services/group-company-registration-details