Archaeologist Technician – Immediate Hire!! PW213544524 (347 Group)
Yuba City, CA, USA
Archaeologist Technician – Immediate Hire!!
We have an immediate opportunity for a Field Technician supporting an Archaeological team in the Yuba City/Maryville area for one project thru September 2019. This is a full time position without benefits (temporary work). The candidate should be resourceful, dedicated, and organized, and will work under the supervision of the Field Director or Project Director during survey and/or excavation projects. Familiarity with GPS units, DPR 523 forms, and digital data collection are a plus but not required. This position is for active monitoring of construction activities.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties:
• Perform cultural resources monitoring at construction sites to implement mitigation measures to avoid impacts to cultural resources
• Conduct archaeological field surveys
• Record data for scientific and compliance purposes using company forms and established field methodology
• Prepare daily progress/monitoring reports as needed by the project
• Use GPS equipment (Garmin/Trimble) for field data collection
• Work independently or as part of a team
• Conduct field surveys as needed
• Complete other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in anthropology, archaeology, historic archaeology, or a related field
• Minimum of one year of professional experience as a field archaeologist, including construction monitoring experience
• Valid driver’s license, good driving record, access to reliable transportation
• Computer literate
To apply, please send your resume to: frontdesk@... with the subject: Archaeologist Technician –PW213544524
Direct 916.244.7682 | Office 916.242.4347
4168 Douglas Blvd., Suite 300 Granite Bay, CA 95746
Established in 2009, 347 Group is celebrating 10 years of service.