Archaeologist - Southwestern US
Job Title: Archaeologist
Location: Southwestern United States
Stell is a seasoned veteran- and woman-owned small business providing expertise and innovation across the resilience, environmental, restoration, and compliance service sectors.
The archaeologist coordinates with staff and clients concerning cultural resource related activities.
· Supervise Phase I survey, Phase II/III testing, site documentation, GPS mapping, artifact processing, and field and laboratory analysis.
· Identification of historic and precontact period sites, artifacts, and features
· Creation of site and feature plan and profile maps, map reading and navigation, GPS/GIS navigation and recordation.
· Field and laboratory analysis of artifacts, site characteristics, archaeological deposits, soils and sediments.
· Accurately recording field data and observations as legible handwritten notes and form entries or via standard digital field recording devices.
· Other tasks as assigned.
Qualifications (Education and Experience):
· Master’s degree in anthropology, archaeology, history, or a closely related field.
· 5 years’ experience conducting cultural resource surveys in the Southwestern United States.
· 2 years’ experience as a crew chief/field director supervising fieldwork.
· Participation in an accredited field school or equivalent fieldwork experience;
· solid experience with the application of standard archaeological survey and excavation techniques.
· Ability to travel and conduct fieldwork activities in a safe and responsible manner, and generally able to carry a pack up to 30 pounds while hiking, physically traverse up to 7 miles a day, and conduct excavation and shovel testing activities throughout a standard work day, often in adverse conditions and remote areas.
· Must have strong map reading skills, and conduct field work in safe responsible manner.
· Ability to pass pre-screening to obtain special access privileges to government installations.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
Please submit a cover letter, indicating salary requirements and availability, along with your CV/resume as a PDF or Word file to careers@... . No phone calls please.