Archaeologist position at Jacobs

Toni Watkins

Archaeologist position at Jacobs

At Jacobs, you’ll work for a company that strives to provide opportunities for our employees to learn, grow and thrive. We are looking for a looking for a full-time Archaeologist (Principal Investigator) to work on a variety of projects across Texas, and throughout the southern and southeastern United States. This position involves coordinating compliance with NHPA, ARPA, NAGPRA, NEPA, state environmental regulations and other laws relating to cultural resources. You’ll be responsible for leading, in coordination with a senior CRM professional, all aspects of cultural resources projects.

Based in one of our Texas offices, you’ll serve as a key team member working with scientists, engineers, project managers, and other project staff across business sectors and practices in the company. As an archaeologist you’ll conduct archival research and background record reviews, coordinate and conduct archaeological fieldwork (Phases I-III), analyze project impacts as part of Section 106 and other regulations, coordinate agency consultation, and monitor during projects. You’ll analyze and interpret data; write and review cultural resources technical reports, develop archaeological treatment plans and agreement documents; evaluate eligibility of resources for listing in the NRHP and state registers. You’ll also provide support to, and work with, senior-level cultural resources staff on a variety of projects and support clients during agency and tribal consultation. Bring your archaeological expertise and we’ll empower you to deliver the boldest solutions for our clients.

At Jacobs, we’re partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you’ll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other.

Qualifications - External

• Master’s Degree in Anthropology or Archaeology

• Meet Secretary of the Interior’s Professional Qualifications Standards for Archaeology

• Minimum of 6 years of professional archaeological fieldwork experience

• 1 to 3 years’ experience as a Principal Investigator

• Demonstrated experience in Texas

• Excellent oral and written communication skills

• Must be capable of walking for long periods of time over unfamiliar terrain, excavating shovel tests and test units, screening soil, and carrying field equipment

• Must be willing and able to travel frequently and for long periods of time, as needed

• Must be motivated and able to work safely with minimum supervision

• Experience using GPS technology

Ideally, You’ll Also Have:

• Experience working in the consulting environment and ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and be responsive to both internal and external clients

• Demonstrated East Texas/Caddo archaeological field experience

Please apply to Jacobs at :  https://careers.jacobs.com/job/12457776/archaeologist-houston-tx/