Archaeologist - Greater Seattle Area, WA
Job Title: Archaeologist
Job Status: Part Time as needed
Location: Greater Seattle Area, WA
Stell is a seasoned veteran- and woman-owned small business providing expertise and innovation across the resilience, environmental, restoration, and compliance service sectors.
· Conduct monitoring, Phase I survey, Phase II/III testing, site documentation, GPS mapping, artifact processing, and field and laboratory analysis.
· Identification of historic and precontact period sites, artifacts, and features
· Conduct pedestrian and subsurface testing inventory, testing and data recovery excavation
· Creation of site and feature plan and profile maps, map reading and navigation, GPS/GIS navigation and recordation.
· Completion of WA DAHP archaeological site forms
· Field and laboratory analysis of artifacts, site characteristics, archaeological deposits, soils and sediments.
· Accurately recording field data and observations as legible handwritten notes and form entries or via standard digital field recording devices.
· Other tasks as assigned.
Qualifications (Education and Experience):
· Bachelor’s degree in anthropology, archaeology, history, or a closely related field. RPA preferred
· Participation in an accredited field school or equivalent fieldwork experience
· 1 -10 years of experience in the archaeological/cultural resources field.
· Solid experience with the application of standard archaeological survey and excavation techniques.
· Ability to travel and conduct fieldwork activities in a safe and responsible manner, and generally able to carry a pack up to 30 pounds while hiking, physically traverse up to 5 miles a day, and conduct excavation and shovel testing activities throughout a standard work day, often in adverse conditions and remote areas.
· Must have strong map reading skills, and conduct field work in safe responsible manner.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
Please submit a cover letter, indicating salary requirements and availability, along with your CV/resume as a PDF or Word file to careers@... . No phone calls please.