Archaeologist - fulltime staff position, HDR, Phoenix, Arizona
Archaeologist – Phoenix
HDR is seeking applications for an Archaeologist in our Phoenix office in Arizona. This is a fulltime staff position within our cultural resources group, which is part of a dynamic, interdisciplinary environmental team which works on a variety of infrastructure projects across Arizona and the Southwest.
Please apply online at www.hdrinc.com.
Cultural Resources Specialist 1
• Perform archaeological construction monitoring, survey, testing, data recovery, report preparation, record checks, research
• Assist with laboratory processing of artifacts and samples
• Take field photography
• Performing site recording and survey using GPS equipment and digital applications
• Record information on site survey forms and digital survey equipment
• Perform record checks and assist with obtaining permits as well as preparing project close out documents
• Maintain field equipment and supplies
• Perform other duties as needed
• Bachelor's degree in Archaeology, Anthropology, Architectural History or closely related field
• At least 2 years of field experience in archaeological survey and excavation
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and GPS equipment
• Self-starter with excellent writing and communication skills
• Willingness to work under varied weather conditions
• Ability to travel out of town for extended periods
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Ability to walk for prolonged periods of time in rugged terrain, stand for prolonged periods of time while monitoring
• Good organizational skills, a positive attitude, strong work ethic and willingness to learn
• Demonstrated experience with Arizona archaeology and familiarly with the Southwest
• Must have a valid driver's license
• An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
• GIS software experience
• Familiarity with FileMaker and Collector
At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
At HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for; it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.