Topics

Archaeologist/Field Director, Southern California

Curt Duke

DUKE Cultural Resources Management, LLC (DUKE CRM) is hiring for the position below:

Job Title: Archaeologist/Field Director

Pay: $27 - $35 per hour

Location: Southern California

Job Description

DUKE CRM is seeking an experienced and qualified archaeologist to direct/manage field projects. This position is open as either a full-time or on-call/as-needed/temporary position. DUKE CRM is willing to be flexible with qualified candidates. The candidate will work as part of a team of archaeologists and paleontologists based out of Irvine, CA. Schedules will vary but the candidate should be prepared to work at least 40 hours per week. The primary responsibility is to direct/manage archaeological field work including field survey, construction monitoring, extended Phase I/buried site testing, and Phase II/III excavation. As a small company, the position may require the candidate to work as-needed in a variety of capacities including research, lab, and office duties, as needed. Additional tasks may include: conducting research, record searches, artifact/laboratory analysis, report writing, preparing site records (DPR 523 Series), and various tasks associated with cultural resources management. Overtime is possible and at times, mandatory. The ability to travel and conduct fieldwork for long hours and extended periods, sometimes in inclement weather, rugged terrain, and at high altitudes is a must. The candidate must be able to carry equipment and supplies weighing up to 50 pounds. The candidate must be safety minded.

Professional Qualifications/Experience

  • Minimum B.A. or B.S. degree in Anthropology, Archaeology, Earth Sciences, Geology or related field.
  • Minimum 5 years of experience in cultural resources management.
  • Minimum 1 year of experience in directing archaeological field activities.
  • Minimum of 1 year of experience in California archaeology.
  • Familiarity in paleontological monitoring and/or salvage excavation.
  • Working knowledge of in-field GIS data collection software.
  • Familiarity with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook).
  • Familiarity with Adobe Acrobat Professional, Photoshop, and/or Illustrator.
  • Actively engaged in archaeological research.
  • 40-hour HAZWOPER certified or willingness to get certified.
  • Extensive safety training.

Personal Skills

  • Good problem-solving ability and analytical skills.
  • Strong leadership skills.
  • Personnel management skills.
  • A focus toward fulfilling client objectives.
  • Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills.
  • Strong organizational and time management skills.
  • Ability to work effectively in multi-disciplinary teams and independently.
  • A desire to excel and passion for working on complex and challenging projects.

About DUKE CRM

DUKE CRM is a growing CRM firm based in Irvine, with a second office in the Inland Empire. We offer a relaxed, flexible, yet professional work environment. We encourage our employees to excel and advance in all aspects. DUKE CRM is an equal opportunity employer. We offer competitive pay and benefits to match. Benefits include Medical/Dental/Vision, paid-time-off (sick, vacation, and holiday), life insurance, performance bonuses, and publication bonuses.

To Apply: Email a cover letter highlighting your qualifications, a CV, and references to Curt Duke at curt@....

Curt Duke, M.A., RPA

Duke Cultural Resources Management

18 Technology Dr., Ste. 103

Irvine, CA 92618

949-356-6660

curt@...

***** DUKE CRM is open for business and we can support the on-going operations of our clients. We are observing all local, state, and federal mandates regarding COVID-19, so that we do not jeopardize the health of our employees. Please contact us if we can be of assistance. *****