Topics

ARCHAEOLOGIST – FIELD DIRECTOR - Enderby, BC.

Karen Eastland <karen_eastland@...>

ARCHAEOLOGIST  FIELD DIRECTOR

Yucwmenlúcwu is a full-service Heritage, Environment, and Forestry resource management company based in Enderby, BC. We are a subsidiary of Splatsin Development Corporation, an economic development corporation wholly owned by Splatsin, the southernmost tribe of the Secwepemc Nation. At Yucwmenlúcwu, we believe in work-life balance, growing rewarding careers, and the highest standards of practice.

Our Heritage team thrives on building lasting relationships, continuous improvement, and bringing 21st century solutions to heritage resources management. We work with Splatsin to build capacity in the community and support Splatsin’s economic development goals.

Position Purpose

Yucwmenlúcwu (Caretakers of the Land) LLP is seeking an Archaeologist – Field Director for a full-time position with our Heritage team based in Enderby, BC.

The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:

• Supervision of all aspects of archaeological resource management practice
• Engagement with First Nations, proponents, landowners, and regulatory agencies
• Mentorship and training of junior archaeologists and Splatsin community members
• Active participating in the Yucwmenlúcwu Safety Management System

Minimum Qualifications:

• Undergraduate degree in Archaeology or Anthropology with a minimum of 2 years’ experience
• Demonstrated understanding of the Heritage Conservation Act and regulatory process
• Experience supervising archaeological assessments, excavations, and monitoring
• Field Director status in the Interior Plateau, or approaching eligibility
• Proven ability to mentor and train staff

Preferred Skills and Attributes:

• Professional specializations in any of the following: faunal analysis, statistical analysis, geoarchaeology, paleobotany, or remote sensing techniques
• Previous experience working with a First Nation organization
• General understanding of the First Nations consultation process
• Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline-oriented environment
• Strong aptitude for technical writing and reporting
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to work effectively and efficiently with a diverse team
• Demonstrated proficiency completing assigned tasks on time and on budget
• Discretion and respect for confidentiality
• Positive, diplomatic, and understanding personality
• Valid driver’s license and clean drivers abstract

If you are a reliable, team player that enjoys a dynamic work environment, competitive salary, and full benefit package,would like to hear from you. Please forward your resume and covering letter to human_resources@...

Deadline for Submissions

April 30, 2020

Pursuant to section 16 of the Canadian Human Rights Act preference may be given to

applicants of aboriginal ancestry.