Charles "Chuck" Niquette
Cultural Resource Analysts, Inc. (CRA), a Kentucky-based cultural resources management company, has openings for field technicians for a Phase I archaeological survey in Wayne County, West Virginia, along the Kentucky-West Virginia border. The survey will be based in CRA’s West Virginia office in Hurricane. Field experience in the middle and/or upper Ohio Valley is desirable.
Qualified candidates must have:
• Bachelor’s degree in Anthropology, Archaeology, or a related field;
• Completed an accredited archaeological field school;
• A minimum of 6 months of archaeological field experience;
• Experience conducting archaeological shovel probe survey. Stooping, bending and lifting are essential functions of this position;
• Ability to work in inclement weather;
• Basic ability to identify prehistoric & historic artifacts (not analysis);
• Ability to work both individual and as part of a team; and
• A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
Crews will work 8 hour days on a 10 days on and 4 days off schedule. Two (2) 10-day field sessions are expected. The hourly rate is $17.50 and per diem is $55.00 per day on regular works days, and $41.25 per day on the first and last days of each 10-day session per the requirements of the funding agency. Per diem are provided for all work days. CRA will also provide single-occupancy lodging for each work day, including lodging for the evening prior to the first day of each 10-day session.
Due to the current COVID-19 Pandemic, all project personnel will strictly adhere to CRA’s Pandemic Response Plan and COVID-19 Field Safety Plan while conducting fieldwork and in their off-time for the duration of the project. These documents can be provided upon request.
Candidates who meet the following criteria will not be eligible for employment with CRA at this time:
• Tested positive for COVID-19 within two weeks of the start date for field work.
• Staying with or caring for an individual who has tested positive for COVID-19 within two weeks of the start date of fieldwork.
The following PPE will be provided by CRA in response to the COVID-19 Pandemic:
• Disposable latex/nitrile gloves
• Disposable or re-useable face masks
• Hand sanitizer or hand wipes
While not mandatory, everyone is encouraged to bring their own face masks, gloves, or hand sanitizer/hand wipes. Anyone who uses a re-usable face mask (their own or provided by CRA) is responsibility for sanitizing the face mask daily for the duration of the project.
Each crew member will also be individually responsible for excavating, screening and backfilling shovel probes – we will not be working in teams in order to keep appropriate social distancing. CRA will review the COVID-19 protocols with each crew member the morning of their first day of employment.
Please submit a letter of interest, resume, and three professional references to Mike Anslinger via email at manslinger@....
Celebrating 37 Years in Business!