Communicate effectively and work closely with fellow employees
Archaeological Technician - Required Skills:
• BA or BS in anthropology, archaeology, or closely related field
• Completion of academic-sponsored field school or minimum of 6 months experience in CRM
• Previous experience performing archaeological excavation
• Ability to perform fieldwork in adverse conditions (rugged terrain, remote locations, hot and cold temperatures, arid
environments, dense vegetation) and carry up to 25 pounds of equipment • Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability and willingness to travel
• Understanding of prehistoric cultures of Arizona preferred
• Professional experience in the Southwest preferred
• Experience using GPS, GIS, Tablet preferred
Working Conditions and Environment:
Will need the ability to establish rapport quickly with others working on the same project, and be able to promote a positive team environment. A working knowledge of dealing with a diverse population while using tact, diplomacy, and respect.
AZTEC offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, life insurance, short and long-term disability, flexible spending accounts, Paid-time-Off, and a 401(k)/Profit Sharing program.
AZTEC Engineering Group, Inc. (AZTEC) is headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona, and provides diversified technical and consulting services to clients in the United States. AZTEC has offices in California, Colorado, Indiana, Nevada, and Texas. AZTEC is part of the TYPSA Group, an international consulting engineering firm with over 2,600 employees and more than 50 offices worldwide providing multidisciplinary consulting services in the fields of civil engineering, architecture and environment. AZTEC has a diverse culture that focuses on providing rich opportunities for its employees.
AZTEC is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to affirmative action planning and encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran or marital status.
Please apply online at www.aztec.us/career.