Topics

Archaeological Project Manager- New Mexico

Job Opens:  February 10th, 2020
Job Closes:  March 15th, 2020

PaleoWest is a solution driven cultural resources consulting firm that prides itself on employing the best CRM professionals in the industry. Headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona, PaleoWest places an emphasis on supporting our clients’ needs, fostering new technologies that advance our industry while better protecting fragile cultural resources, and promoting professional development within the framework of innovation.

We are currently seeking an Archaeological Project Manager for our Santa Fe, New Mexico, office. This is a full time, salaried position that comes with a great benefits package, huge growth potential, and an aggressive bonus program.

The successful applicant will work alongside our existing staff to successfully navigate cultural resources regulations for our clients. Candidates must have a master’s degree in anthropology, archaeology, or a closely related field and seven years of demonstrated professional experience working on and leading archaeological survey, monitoring, and data recovery projects. Experience with the archaeology and history of New Mexico is required. The successful candidate will work most days in our Santa Fe office, which is located a mile south of Santa Fe's historic plaza. However, they will oversee local and non-local field projects and should be able and willing to travel throughout New Mexico and adjacent states.

DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES

  • Ability to be listed as a Principal Investigator/Project Director on the New Mexico SHPO Directory and Field Director/Crew Chief on BLM Cultural Resource Use Permits in New Mexico is required, at a minimum.
  • Excellent oral and written communication skills and commitment to achieving team goals
  • Knowledge of federal and state regulations pertaining to cultural resources
  • Demonstrated experience managing all types of archaeological projects, including preparing budgets and proposals, keeping projects on budget and on schedule, and consulting with clients and agencies
  • Demonstrated experience writing and preparing cultural resource technical reports
  • Demonstrated experience in business development and winning work
  • Demonstrated leadership abilities including providing guidance and oversight to field crews and office/reporting staff

Salary will be commensurate with experience, and bonuses will be offered for exceptional performance. Our benefits package includes health insurance, a 401(k) plan with employer matching after six months of employment, personal time off, telecommuting, and a flexible work schedule.  Send resume to work@..., with subject line Project Manager- New Mexico

All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, or sex.