Archaeological Principal Investigator - Full Time - Pittsburgh

Gary F Coppock

Archaeological Principal Investigator – Full-Time

Skelly and Loy, Inc., A Terracon Company

Pittsburgh, PA

General Responsibilities:

Archaeological Principal Investigator to work in our Pittsburgh, PA office under the direction of the Cultural Resources Group Leader.  This is a full-time position with benefits.

Essential Roles and Responsibilities:

·         Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects.  Participate in pre-task planning.  Report any safety issues or concerns to management.

·         Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects.

·         Design, conduct, and report on archaeological investigations of all types (pre-contact, historic, industrial, rural, urban) and phases (survey, evaluation, mitigation) to regulatory agency standards on projects located in the Mid-Atlantic and Eastern Midwest regions, including but not limited to: Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Maryland, Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky, and Michigan.

·         Conduct independent pre-contact and historic documentary research

·         Develop proposals, methodologies, and research designs for all types and phases of archaeological projects.

·         Supervise and coordinate field and laboratory crews.

·         Coordinate and assist internal and external clients with cultural resources regulatory compliance.

·         Market our archaeological services to new and existing clients.

·         Manage projects within budget and deadline constraints.

Preferred:

·         Professional experience as an Archaeological Principal Investigator in the Eastern Midwest (i.e., Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana, and/or Michigan).

·         Professional experience working on solar farm projects.

·         Professional experience working on cell phone tower projects.

·         Experience marketing archaeological services

Required

·         Masters degree in Anthropology or closely related field.

·         A  minimum of four (4) years of archaeological experience as a Principal Investigator with a professional cultural resource, architectural, or engineering firm or a federal or state agency such as a State Historic Preservation Office.

·         Intimate knowledge of Section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act.

·         Ability to communicate clearly and concisely using both written and verbal skills.

·         Ability to multi-task within flexible/fluid schedules and project needs.

·         Ability to perform physically demanding tasks such as lifting, and walking on uneven surfaces carrying at least 20 lbs. of equipment, and ability to work in extreme (hot/cold) weather conditions

·         Eligibility to work in the United States without sponsorship

·         Ability to pass drug screening.

·         Possession of a U.S. driver’s license, with acceptable violation history.

To apply visit: https://careers.terracon.com/search/searchjobs  (search for location: Pittsburgh)

Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.

Terracon is passionate about your safety before, during, and after the COVID-19 pandemic. As Terracon continues to move forward and grow through this time, we are continuing to take every precaution to ensure the safety of our employee-owners.  If you are as committed to your success as we are committed to your safety, then Terracon is the company for you!

Our goal has not changed. For Terracon, our guiding principle has been and will continue to be the safety of our employee-owners. It’s that simple. We want our employees to be able to work safely in every situation and go home safely each night. As we continue our vision of being “Best at People,” here are some of the things Terracon is doing to safeguard every employee-owner:

•              On-going communication with ALL employee-owners on a dedicated COVID Response page, and a portal for their families to have access to resources as well

•              Requiring specific COVID-19 Pre-Task Safety Planning Protocols for all tasks and projects

•              Empowering employees to speak up and say “no” to working in unsafe conditions

•              Providing an additional 40 hours of sick leave to anyone impacted by COVID-19, including those impacted by daycare and school closures

•              Offering voluntary reduced work schedule for anyone needing extra time to care for others

•              Load leveling work assignments across regions to maintain high productivity and chargeability

•              Ensuring proper PPE and sanitation on all project sites by providing field employee-owners with mobile hand washing stations and supplies, masks, and sanitizing kits

•              Utilizing technology for more remote work opportunities and innovation using everything from video conferencing to drones

•              Following all CDC guidelines including social distancing on job sites, in offices, and in our labs

•              Implementing a stand-by leave program to ensure our employees continue service and health insurance benefits during regional work shortages

If your passion lies in working with a company that truly cares for your safety, and if you’re interested in belonging to a 100% employee-owned organization that will help you grow and quickly progress in your career, consider Terracon and apply today!

Terracon provides environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials consulting engineering services delivered with responsiveness, resourcefulness, and reliability.

Private and confidential as detailed here (www.terracon.com/disclaimer). If you cannot access the hyperlink, please e-mail sender.