Archaeological Field Director
LSD Human Resources Department
Logan Simpson, an expanding environmental planning, cultural resources, and landscape architectural design firm, currently seeks a full-time Archaeological Field Director to work out of our Eugene, Oregon office.
Qualifications include possessing or the ability to obtain current permits with a variety of public land managing agencies, with an emphasis on Oregon and Washington. Must have experience supervising personnel in both western and eastern Oregon and Washington, producing technical reports and site forms, preparing National Register evaluations, and working as part of a team. Duties and responsibilities include conducting and supervising field work, producing technical reports and site forms, preparing National Register evaluations, coordinating logistics and schedules, and assisting Project Managers and Principal Investigators.
Candidates should be familiar with the completion of survey and excavation forms, Oregon and Washington site forms, operating GPS units with a data recorder, and conducting quality control/quality assurance reviews of data. The ideal candidate will possess knowledge of federal cultural resources regulations, the ability to coordinate and communicate with agencies and clients, and manage budgets and schedules.
Capability of supervising cultural resources survey and other archaeological projects in remote locations and over challenging terrain, a clean driving record, and the ability to work out-of-town are also essential. A proven research interest in the region is a plus.
· Master’s degree in Anthropology or closely related field or equivalent experience;
· Permittable in Oregon and Washington states;
· 4+ years of archaeology consulting or agency experience;
· Proficiency with technical writing and Microsoft Office products;
· Ability to demonstrate written and verbal communication skills, and demonstrable experience independently preparing complex technical documents for a full range of various cultural resources projects;
· Capability of conducting and supervising cultural resources surveys in a variety of challenging terrain and conditions, including steep slopes, heavily vegetated areas with deadfall, and rugged, mountainous geography.
Logan Simpson offers a comprehensive benefit package and a competitive salary. If interested, please apply online at http://logansimpson.com/about/careers/ and attach a resume and a cover letter that includes salary requirements.
Logan Simpson is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer
Kierra Z. Delco
51 W. 3rd St., Ste. 450
Tempe, AZ 85281
P (480) 967-1343
F (480) 966-9232