Archaeological Field Technician-Fontana, CA #occupyshovelbums #askanarchaeologist
PaleoWest is a solution-driven cultural and heritage resources consulting firm that prides itself on employing the best professionals in the industry. PaleoWest places an emphasis on supporting our clients’ needs, fostering new technologies that advance our industry while better protecting its fragile resources, and promoting professional development within the framework of innovation and forward thinking.
PaleoWest is seeking an Archaeological Field Technician who meets the Secretary of the Interior archaeological qualifications’ standards for an upcoming projects in the city of Fontana, California. The role will assist the Project Team in conducting construction monitoring. You should be available to work full time on an as-needed basis. Applicants local to the project area will be given preference. Construction may begin as early as November 2, 2020.
· M.A. or M.S. degree in archaeology, anthropology, or a closely related field is required
· Must have certification from an accredited archaeological field school or have demonstrated equivalent experience
· Ability to endure adverse environmental conditions, including hot and cold temperatures, precipitation, and challenging terrain for sustained durations
· Must demonstrate excellent attention to detail, a positive work ethic, reliability, and commitment to working both independently and in a team environment
· Current valid driver’s license
PaleoWest is one of the most respected firms in the industry, with offices across the United States. If you are interested in joining our rapidly growing team of professionals, please send a resume and cover letter, including professional references and hourly pay requirements. Pay and benefits commensurate with experience.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, or sexual orientation.