Topics

Archaeological Field Technicians needed for excavation in Alameda, California - $27.50-$35/hr + mileage - HAZWOPER required

Daniel Shoup

Archaeological/Historical Consultants (A/HC) is seeking field technicians for excavation of a bayshore site in Alameda, California, beginning mid-October. Applicants should have a minimum BA in archaeology or a related field, and a record of field experience. Work can be physically strenuous; you should be able to lift up to 40 pounds and climb in and out of excavation units. We offer $27.50-35.00/hour depending on experience. We are happy to cover mileage, but no per diem or lodging is available, so local hires are preferred.

Applicants must have, or be willing to promptly complete, a current 40-hour HAZWOPER certificate. The site is not known to be hazardous, but the County is requiring all workers at this location to be HAZWOPER certified. If you are not certified, but willing to complete the online training promptly, we can cover the training costs plus a modest stipend.

Please send expressions of interest, with resumé, to info@....

About us: established in 1976, A/HC is a small but well-established cultural resources firm based in Oakland, CA. Our practice includes archaeological surveys, testing, and mitigation; historic architecture studies; forensic historical research; and preparation of CEQA and NHPA Section 106 documents. We work for both public and private clients, with a focus on in the nine-county Bay Area. We are an equal-opportunity employer.