Topics

Archaeological Field Technicians- Utah

Job Opening:  8/20/2020

Job Closing:   9/30/2020

Location: Salt Lake City, Utah

Company Profile

PaleoWest is a solution-driven archaeological consulting firm that prides itself on employing the best cultural resources management professionals in the industry. PaleoWest places an emphasis on supporting our clients’ needs, fostering new technologies that advance our industry while better protecting its fragile resources, and promoting professional development within the framework of innovation and forward thinking.

Job Description

PaleoWest is seeking Archaeological Technicians for our Salt Lake City office to support upcoming projects in Utah and adjacent states. There is potential to be placed on a long-term project with work through 2020 and into 2021. The role will include conducting archaeological pedestrian surveys, recording sites, and conducting other field or office tasks. Many projects are conducted as camping surveys in remote areas; therefore, demonstrated skills and experience in camping and hiking in adverse conditions are preferred. Successful candidates will have a strong background working as part of a team and working with diverse crews. They must also be able and willing to travel and work throughout Utah and adjacent states. This is an on-call position; successful candidates will be available to work full-time on an as-needed basis.

Qualifications:

·         B.A. or B.S. degree in archaeology, anthropology, or a closely related field is required

·         Completion of an accredited archaeological field school or equivalent archaeological field experience is required; experience working in Utah is strongly preferred

·         Current valid driver’s license

·         Ability to endure adverse environmental conditions, including hot and cold temperatures, precipitation, and challenging terrain for sustained durations

·         Excellent oral and written communication skills and commitment to achieving team goals

·         Must demonstrate excellent attention to detail, a positive work ethic, reliability, and commitment to working both independently and in a team environment

Additional Information

PaleoWest is one of the most respected firms in the industry, with offices across the United States. If you are interested in joining our rapidly growing team of professionals, please send a resume and cover letter, including salary requirements. Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.

All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, or sexual orientation.

Interested parties apply here.