Archaeological Field Technicians, L&L Enviro. Inc, Southern California, AFT $20-28/hr
L&L Environmental Services, Inc.
L&L Environmental, Inc., is seeking qualified Archaeological Field Technicians to support our growing Cultural Resources Program in southern California. The successful candidate(s) will demonstrate knowledge and experience in archaeological field methods, including survey, excavation, and monitoring. A background in California and/or Great Basin archaeology is preferred, as is experience in desert environments. Candidates may be required to walk up to 10 miles per day in remote and sometimes difficult terrain while carrying materials and supplies. Candidates must be able to sit, stoop, bend, climb, and use hand tools, shovels, and screening and other field equipment.
Fieldwork will range from 8 to 10-hour days. Lodging and per diem are provided when overnight stays are required and are determined on a project-by-project basis. Out-of-town travel is expected. Wet weather and field conditions may result in work schedule delays or cancelled workdays. Schedules will be variable and may include partial or full days. The schedule may also require working weekends and holidays.
All work will be based out of our Redlands office and will be performed on an as-needed basis.
Archaeological Field Technicians must possess archaeological field skills for various field survey, excavation, and construction monitoring work including:
· Ability to identify prehistoric and historical archaeological materials in the field;
· Ability to perform archaeological surveys and excavations;
· Ability to carry 40 lbs. over rough terrain over the course of an 8-10-hour workday;
· Ability to work in extreme climatic conditions, cold or hot weather;
· Ability to listen, follow instructions, and communicate clearly and effectively with supervisors or construction contractors during monitoring jobs;
· Ability to take clear and comprehensive notes and prepare DPR 523 Forms;
· Ability to read topographic maps and project engineering plans.
Archaeological Field Technicians are expected to have good interpersonal communication skills, be detail oriented, safety oriented, dependable, proficient, have personal and professional integrity and ethics, perform as a team player, and produce high quality work.
Qualified Archaeological Field Technicians will have (at a minimum):
· A Bachelor’s degree in Anthropology or a closely related field (B.A. or B.S.) or six (6) months field experience that includes survey, excavation, and monitoring;
· Certification from an accredited archaeological field school or comparable experience (preferably in southern California);
· Ability to travel to a location, walk and conduct fieldwork for long hours (sometimes in inclement weather and rugged terrain), and ability to carry equipment and supplies weighing up to 40 pounds is required;
· Current valid driver's license (ability to safely operate a 4WD vehicle on rugged, backcountry roads preferred);
· Knowledge/experience with Collector, Survey123, ArcPad, or TerraSync is a plus.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please send an email with a summary of your experience, a resume, and at least two (2) references to John Eddy at: JEddy@.... No telephone calls, please. Competitive wages are based on level of experience. All work varies between local with no per diem to travel with hotel and per diem.
L&L is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values a diverse work force.