Archaeological Crew Chiefs-Riverside County, CA
Position: PaleoWest is looking to fill a position for Archaeological Crew Chief for construction projects.
Location: Riverside County, California
Qualifications: The ideal candidate has experience in executing/directing monitoring treatment plans, construction monitoring logs, conducting resource documentation and assessments, and supervising archaeological monitors. Additionally, candidates must have the following qualifications:
· Minimum of 5 years of professional archaeological fieldwork experience in California, specifically Mojave, Colorado and Sonoran Desert regions.
· Minimum of 2 years as Crew Chief
· Ability to qualify as a Field Lead on a BLM Cultural Resources Use Permit
· Ability to conduct cultural resources investigations and prepare associated documents and technical reports as necessary for cultural resources management
· Excellent communications skills
· Ability to conduct field work, walking in rough terrain and challenging weather
· Ability to manage multiple tasks and oversee field personnel
Ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
· A master’s degree in anthropology, archaeology, or related field
· Candidates with a bachelor’s degree in anthropology, archaeology, or related field and extensive experience will be considered
· Can disseminate technical information and maintain knowledge of agency regulations/requirements and initiatives associated with implementation of historic preservation laws
· Experience with all phases or archaeological investigations (e.g., survey, testing, and monitoring)
Details: Pay will be commensurate with the applicant’s experience. Successful candidates should be motivated, resourceful, dedicated, and organized. Duties will include coordinating and reporting to the Cultural Resources Specialist, supervising field staff, working in desert conditions while managing the monitoring program, training staff in field methods, reporting, and having a working knowledge of cultural resources management.
Please submit a current CV and brief letter of intent/personal statement to work@..., with “Archaeological Crew Chief Application, Riverside County” in the subject line.