Archaeological Technicians – Nevada, California, and Arizona - Temporary Full-Time/Seasonal and Seasonal Part-Time/On-Call depending on if it is Monitoring, survey, or excavation.
Title: Archaeological Technicians needed – Nevada, California, and Arizona
Founded in 1979, Far Western is one of the largest cultural resource management firms in the western United States and has a proven track record of innovative research within a CRM context. We currently work with federal, state, and local agencies in the Nevada, California, and Arizona in the military, transportation, development, and energy sectors.
We currently have several archaeological technician positions open on a variety of survey, monitoring, and excavation projects in Nevada, California, and Arizona throughout fall/winter 2021 into spring 2022. Camping and lodging per diem is competitive and, depending on experience, rates are between $19-$25/hour (some projects will be subject to prevailing wage). A candidate must have the following qualifications:
• A bachelor’s degree or higher in anthropology/archaeology (or related field).
• Field school experience or commensurate CRM field experience (e.g., survey, prehistoric and historic-era site documentation/data collection, excavation, and familiarity with common electronic devices and hand-held tools).
• Ability to hike eight to ten miles a day for five-plus consecutive days in variable terrain and variable weather.
• Ability to camp overnight in remote locations, as needed.
• Detail-oriented, ability to adapt to varying data collection needs, attention to field methods/pace, and effectiveness in verbal and written communication.
• Interest in and ability to collaboratively interact with clients, and co-workers.
• Ability to work both collaboratively and independently within Far Western’s Safety Program and other Far Western protocols, COVID-19 and otherwise.
Far Western will give priority to applicants with Great Basin, Southwest, and California field experience.
Please email a Word or PDF version of your full CV/resume to jobs@....
Katie Hanrahan (she/her/hers)
Far Western Anthropological Research Group, Inc.
Main Office | 2727 Del Rio Place, Davis, CA 95618
Office: 530.756.3941 ext 155 | Cell: 831.236.2908