Full-time Archaeologist - WSP - Glastonbury, CT
WSP is currently initiating a search for a full-time Archaeologist for our Glastonbury, CT office. We are looking for dedicated and self‑motivated professionals wishing to pursue a career with a future-ready heritage resource management practice of a global environmental team. Please submit your application through Glastonbury, CT - Archaeologist.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Directing field teams on surveys and excavations
• Data analysis and interpretation
• Prehistoric and historic artifact identification
• Technical report preparation
• Leading a team
Talent is the essence of meeting our client’s objectives, goals and challenges. If this sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to have that first discussion of you joining our team.
• M.A./M.S in an appropriate field, PhD preferred
• 2-3+ years of related experience including experience in the context of Section 106/110 and other legal authority compliance
• Preference will be given to a specialist with clearly defined knowledge, skills and abilities as evidenced through publications/presentations and work experience in the Northeastern United States
• Experience directing field teams on surveys and excavations including geoarchaeology
• Excellent technical writing skills
• Ability to communicate effectively and work in a collaborative team environment
• Ability to travel for projects
• Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the transportation, buildings, energy, water and environment sectors. With nearly 9,500 people in 150 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com/usa
WSP provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career. At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be a key piece in our meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started? Please submit your application through Glastonbury, CT - Archaeologist.
WSP USA (and all of its US companies) is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status.
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.
Maureen O’Neill, PHR, SHRM-CP
Manager, Talent Acquisition
NOTICE: This communication and any attachments ("this message") may contain information which is privileged, confidential, proprietary or otherwise subject to restricted disclosure under applicable law. This message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any unauthorized use, disclosure, viewing, copying, alteration, dissemination or distribution of, or reliance on, this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, or you are not an authorized or intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this message, delete this message and all copies from your e-mail system and destroy any printed copies.