Principal Investigator at Metcalf Archaeology - Bismarck, ND
Metcalf Archaeological Consultants Human Resources
Metcalf Archaeological Consultants, Inc. is looking for an experienced Principal Investigator to work out of our Bismarck, ND office. This position is salaried and full-time, regular. Project management experience and advanced understanding of archaeological methods are a must for this position.
To apply, please complete our online application.
Principal Investigators at Metcalf are a critical point of contact with clients and are accountable for providing excellent and responsive customer service. Job duties primarily center around managing the technical aspects of archaeological projects. Responsibilities also extend to working in conjunction with the Project Managers, ensuring compliance with applicable regulations and permits, monitoring schedules and budgets, providing high level research and technical support for other staff and maintaining high levels of quality. Principal Investigators not only supervise, but also participate in Metcalf projects.
· M.A. or M.S. in Anthropology is required for this position
· Sufficient experience to be listed in direct charge on antiquities permits in at least two states within the company’s operating regions
· At least five years of experience conducting archaeological investigations in a field setting
· At least three years of experience supervising an archaeological field crew
· Demonstrable experience managing projects from inception to completion
· Active First Aid/CPR certification (may be obtained after hiring)
· Primary author or at minimum a major contributor to a research oriented technical document
Consultants, Inc. is a 100% employee-owned cultural resource management firm
with more than 40 years of experience providing archaeological services in the
Rocky Mountains, Eastern Great Basin, and Central and Northern Great Plains.
Metcalf promotes a safe and drug free workplace. We participate in E-verify and
are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.