Archaeological Field Technician - Northeast - part time
Job Title: Archaeological Field Technician
Job Status: Part Time
Location: Northeast region
Stell is a seasoned veteran- and woman-owned small business providing expertise and innovation across the resilience, environmental, restoration, and compliance service sectors.
The Archaeological Technician will provide support on a variety of archaeological projects and support clients to meet project goals and objectives.
· Conduct Phase I survey, Phase II testing, site documentation, GPS mapping, site characteristics, archaeological deposits, soils and sediments, and artifact processing.
· Identification of historic and prehistoric period sites, artifacts, and features
· Perform archival research, archaeological inventories, testing, evaluation, mitigation and data recovery projects, to include collection of map and GIS data for the identification and evaluation of prehistoric and historic resources.
· Accurately record field data and observations as legible handwritten notes and form entries or via standard digital field recording devices.
· Maintain all field tools, electronic equipment, and vehicles to safe and useable standards.
· Other tasks as assigned.
Qualifications (Education and Experience):
· Bachelor’s degree in anthropology, archaeology, history, or a closely related field.
· 1 -10 years of experience in the archaeological/cultural resources field.
· Participation in an accredited field school or equivalent fieldwork experience; solid experience with the application of standard archaeological survey and excavation techniques.
· Must have, or be willing to obtain, CPR/First Aid certification.
· Candidate must be able to work within a group and individual setting, be organized and detail oriented, and possess excellent interpersonal skills in order to provide strong focus and high quality customer service.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
Please submit a cover letter, indicating salary requirements and availability, along with your CV/resume as a PDF or Word file to careers@... . No phone calls please.