Job Announcement for SJCA, Inc.
ArchMidwest - SJCA Inc.
Advertisement for Archaeologist
Overview / Responsibilities
This candidate may work remotely and use flex to come into either the Indy north or south office.
The position responsibilities include, but are not limited to-
Skills / Qualifications
· Qualified candidates should possess a master's degree in Archaeology, Anthropology, or a related field, and have completed an accredited archaeological field school
· Candidates must meet the Secretary of the Interior Standards (36 CFR 61) in archaeology and be eligible for Register of Professional Archaeologists
· Candidates must be listed/or eligible to be listed on the Indiana Department of Natural Resources – Division of Historic Preservation and Archaeology (DHPA) Qualified Rosters list for archaeological consultants.
· A minimum of five years of demonstrable supervisory experience in CRM is preferred.
· Basic knowledge of cultural resources management and Section 106
· Experience with the policies and procedures with the Indiana Department of Transportation (INDOT) Cultural Resource Office as directed in the CRM Manual is preferred.
· Midwestern experience is preferred.
· They must also be capable of skills directly associated with the IDNR/DHPA standard archaeological survey and excavations, including familiarity with historic and prehistoric artifacts and archaeological features, standard documentation of field investigations, preparation of archaeological reports including site descriptions, and feature descriptions
· A thorough understanding of archaeological site significance recommendations and justifications
· A technical skill specialty is preferred, such as, but not limited to, historic or prehistoric artifact analysis, GIS experience, archival research, or geoarchaeology/geomorphology
· Must have good organizational skills, and familiarity with standard office computer applications.
· Archaeologists are lead authors and coauthors on technical reports that document the results of the investigation and should be able to write well; a writing sample may be requested.
· The applicant must be able to demonstrate the ability to address project research questions through a synthesis of data from the field, laboratory analysis of artifacts, and incorporation of relevant published research.
· They must possess a valid driver’s license, be able to operate a four wheel-drive vehicle.
Throughout our history, SJCA has earned a reputation for the design and management of projects that are of high-quality and delivered on or ahead of schedule. We know that every project is a unique opportunity to meet and exceed our clients’ needs, all while being responsive to regulatory requirements. By helping our clients evaluate and determine their complete project requirements, SJCA is a working partner that contributes to the delivery of a successful project
If you are interested, please send a cover letter and resume to the contact person below:
Karen Wood, Environmental and Cultural Resources Manager at kwood@...
Sent from Mail for Windows 10