Principal Investigator-Florida

Company Profile

PaleoWest is a solution-driven archaeological consulting firm that prides itself on employing the best cultural resources management professionals in the industry. PaleoWest places an emphasis on supporting our clients’ needs, fostering new technologies that advance our industry while better protecting its fragile resources, and promoting professional development within the framework of innovation and forward thinking.

Job description

PaleoWest’s Florida office seeks a Principal Investigator to join our quickly growing team of experienced, motivated professionals. Principal Investigators provide technical leadership on archaeological projects from inception to completion, oversee field and report staff, and guide our clients through the regulatory process. This is a full-time, salaried position that comes with a great benefits package that includes unlimited personal time off and huge growth potential.

Qualifications:

Minimum education of a master’s degree specializing in anthropology, archaeology, or a closely related field

10+ years of professional archaeological experience

2+ years of field experience in supervisory roles

The successful candidate will oversee local and non-local field projects and should be able and willing to travel throughout Florida and adjacent states

The successful candidate will work out of our Florida offices, but remote work is an option, and we encourage applicants from all locations to apply

Ability and desire to contribute to or lead business development efforts

Maintains a strong network of professional contacts

Be adaptable and eager to grow

The ideal candidate will possess the following skills:

Demonstrated experienced report writing

Excellent oral and written communication skills

Commitment to achieving team goals

Demonstrated ability to lead field crews and reporting efforts

Knowledge of federal and state regulations pertaining to cultural resources

Demonstrated experience directing a variety of archaeological projects

Demonstrated leadership abilities

Additional Information

PaleoWest is a respected firm, with offices across the United States. If you are interested in joining our rapidly growing team of professionals, please send a resume, cover letter including salary requirements, and three professional references. Pay is commensurate with experience, and bonuses will be offered for exceptional performance. Our benefits package includes health insurance, a 401(k) plan with employer matching after six months of employment, unlimited personal time off, telecommuting, and a flexible work schedule.

All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, or sexual orientation.