Crew Chief-Florida #askanarchaeologist #repost

Company Profile

PaleoWest is a solution-driven archaeological consulting firm that prides itself on employing the best cultural resources management professionals in the industry. PaleoWest places an emphasis on supporting our clients’ needs, fostering new technologies that advance our industry while better protecting its fragile resources, and promoting professional development within the framework of innovation and forward thinking.

Job Description

We are currently seeking one or more Crew Chiefs for various projects throughout Florida and the Southeast. Under the supervision of a Project Manager, the Crew Chief will oversee archaeological crews on subsurface testing surveys and testing/data recovery projects. Travel throughout Florida and the Southeast is anticipated. Familiarity with artifacts and features common to the American Southeast is required. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.

Qualifications:

Strong organizational abilities with task and time management is a must
B.A. or B.S. degree in archaeology, anthropology, or a closely related field is required; graduate degree preferred
2+ years of professional archaeological experience in the American Southeast
1+ years of proven experience directing archaeological crews
The successful candidate will work out of our Florida offices, but remote work is an option, and we encourage applicants from all locations to apply.
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Commitment to achieving team goals
Must demonstrate excellent attention to detail, a positive work ethic, reliability, and commitment to working both independently and in a team environment

Additional Information

PaleoWest is a respected firm, with offices across the United States. This is a full-time, salaried position that comes with a great benefits package, huge growth potential, and an aggressive bonus program. Salary will be commensurate with experience, and bonuses will be offered for exceptional performance. Our benefits package includes health insurance, a 401(k) plan with employer matching after six months of employment, paid holidays, unlimited personal time off, telecommuting, and a flexible work schedule. If you are interested in joining our rapidly growing team of professionals, please send a resume and cover letter, including salary requirements.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, or sexual orientation.