Field Director- Ridgecrest, CA- Epsilon Systems Solutions, Inc.
Archaeologist III (Field Director)
Epsilon Systems Solutions, Inc. is currently seeking a full time Archaeologist III (Field Director) in Ridgecrest, CA.
Oversee Cultural Resources Management (CRM) field operations of the Ridgecrest, California Office, managing operations ranging throughout California and Nevada. Office currently maintains numerous concurrent contracts, with the Navy at NAWS China Lake as the prime customer. Salary will be commensurate with experience, ranging from $70,000 to $90,000.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Serve as the Field Director for complex cultural resource investigations, with supervision of multiple field crews
· Plan, conduct, and lead cultural resources surveys, site recording, excavations, monitoring, and other fieldwork duties
· Author cultural resources reports
· Implement research designs, treatment plans, and other CRM guidance
Coordinate with Project Managers to ensure that projects
· Quality Control for all data collected in the field
· Master’s Degree in Anthropology or related field
· Minimum Five years of supervisory experience in CRM (preferably in California and/or the western U.S.)
· Permittable in California
· Strong technical writing, communication, and problem-solving skills
· Ability to obtain a security clearance
· Some sedentary work is performed in an office setting.
· Outdoors. Rugged to extremely rugged terrain in extreme temperature ranges, often in uninhabited areas.
· Must be able to walk 8-10 miles a day with field pack and ample water, over rough terrain in variable weather conditions which likely will include high temperatures in summer months.
· A portion of the duties require working outdoors under extreme temperature, strenuous physical effort associated with hiking during archaeological reconnaissance and surveys, such as climbing steep slopes, and physical labor such as stooping, bending, carrying loads in excess of 50 pounds associated with archaeological excavation work.
Interested parties please apply using the following link:
The information contained in this communication from the sender is confidential. It is intended solely for use by the recipient and others authorized to receive it. If you are not the recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in relation of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.