3 Archaeological Technician- Ridgecrest, CA- Epsilon Systems Solutions, Inc.
Epsilon Systems Solutions, Inc. is currently seeking a part time Archaeological Technician in Ridgecrest, CA.
Under the routine guidance of supervisory staff, the Archaeological Technician performs archaeological fieldwork inclusive of survey, site recording, excavation, and/or monitoring. Effective communication, a good work ethic, and the ability to take instruction are preferred skills for this position. Pay rates are commensurate with experience, ranging from $20 to $26/hour.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Performs pedestrian survey for the identification of historic and prehistoric archaeological remains
· Performs in-field analysis and documentation of archaeological artifacts and features
· Assists with resource photography and mapping in the field
· Navigation and GPS data collection using Trimble units (knowledge of Collector and ArcPad is a plus)
· Prepares California DPR-523 site forms
· Conducts subsurface testing of archaeological resources through systematic excavation
· Conducts archaeological monitoring
· Takes initiative, resolving problems, and creating improved procedures to assure tasks are completed in the most effective manner
· Assists with mapping responsibilities in the field, including collection of GPS data using Trimble units
· Bachelor’s Degree in archaeology, anthropology or a related field
· 1-2 years work related experience
· Valid Driver’s license
· Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance
· Effective oral and written communication skills
· Analytical thinking and problem solving
· Strong work ethic
· Some sedentary work is performed in an office setting. Outdoors. Rugged to extremely rugged terrain in extreme temperature ranges, often in uninhabited areas.
· Must be able to walk 8-10 miles a day with field pack and ample water, over rough terrain in variable weather conditions which likely will include high temperatures in summer months.
· A portion of the duties require working outdoors under extreme temperature, strenuous physical effort associated with hiking during archaeological reconnaissance and surveys, such as climbing steep slopes, and physical labor such as stooping, bending, carrying loads in excess of 50 pounds associated with archaeological excavation work.
Interested parties please apply using the following link:
The information contained in this communication from the sender is confidential. It is intended solely for use by the recipient and others authorized to receive it. If you are not the recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in relation of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.