TRC - ARCHAEOLOGICAL FIELD TECHNICIANS NEEDED – New York State
TRC Companies, Inc. is a global consulting, engineering, and construction management firm that provides integrated services to the energy,
environmental, and infrastructure markets. TRC serves a broad range of clients in government and industry, implementing complex projects from initial concept to delivery and operation.
TRC has openings for temporary Archaeological Field Technicians for upcoming large- and small-scale projects in New York State. Work is
expected to begin November 16 and will continue through December, weather permitting, on a project-to-project basis.
Field Technicians will be paid an hourly wage of $18 and will receive $50 per diem. TRC will cover the single occupancy hotel rooms. Weekly
schedule will be 6-day work week and one off-day.
Field Technicians will work closely with other TRC archaeologists, environmental staff, permitting specialists, and managers in TRC's
PPL practice. We are looking for individuals enthusiastic about their work with a strong commitment to client service and technical excellence. Successful candidates will enjoy the challenges of working alongside others in a fast-paced environment and developing
effective solutions to project challenges. Employment with TRC is subject to the successful completion of a background check and drug screen.
Please note that TRC follows a robust Covid-19 Safety Policy for fieldwork – it is expected that all hires adhere to this policy.
- Ensure the quality of archaeological data, fieldwork, and paperwork.
- Perform archaeological surveys, testing, data recovery and monitoring.
- Complete tasks in a timely fashion; coordinate with project managers regarding project requirements and expectations.
- A degree in anthropology, archaeology, or a related discipline.
- 1 or more years of experience in archaeological surveys and/or excavations.
- Ability to think critically in the field.
- Familiarity with digital field technology (GPS, Trimble etc.) preferred.
- A commitment to quality and safety.
- A willingness to walk long distances and perform physically demanding tasks in varying environments and conditions (i.e. rough terrain,
seasonally cold environment).
- Applicants must be willing to travel, have excellent communication skills, and work well on a team and individually.
To apply for this position, please send a letter of interest and resume/CV with at least two recent work references
to Hannah Smith
EOE: Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled