Technician-Level Archaeologist-Saipan, Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands
PaleoWest is a solution-driven cultural and heritage resources consulting firm that prides itself on employing the best professionals in the industry. PaleoWest places an emphasis on supporting our clients’ needs, fostering new technologies that advance our industry while better protecting its fragile resources, and promoting professional development within the framework of innovation and forward thinking.
PaleoWest is actively seeking multiple ARCHAEOLOGICAL TECHNICIANS to immediately support our FEMA PA support contract. This assignment is a deployment to Saipan for a period of up to 18 months. Work may begin as early as December 2020. Staff will provide technical expertise to assist FEMA with the identification of historic properties and the evaluation of the effects of PA projects on historic properties. Applicants must be U.S. citizens, pass a security clearance, and undergo a background check.
This is an amazing opportunity! Do not miss out on this professional experience and in a beautiful environment. Please only apply if you meet the minimum requirements below and have availability starting in December 2020.
Saipan, Commonwealth of Northern Mariana Islands
• Undergraduate Degree with 2 Years in field of expertise
• Prefer experience in the Pacific Islands but not mandatory
• Able to conduct historical resource assessments and prepare associated documents and technical reports
• Excellent communications skills
• Able to work in rough conditions and challenging weather
Ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
• A bachelor’s degree in history, art history, historic preservation or related field
• Can disseminate technical information and maintain knowledge of government-wide programs and initiatives associated with implementation of historic preservation laws
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and oversee field personnel
• Experience with Microsoft Office products
• Knowledge of Section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act
• Experience completing environmental compliance reviews for state and federal agencies
• Experience developing recommendations regarding historic preservation and compliance
PaleoWest is one of the most respected firms in the industry, with offices across the United States. If you are interested in joining our rapidly growing team of professionals, please send a resume and cover letter, including professional references and hourly pay requirements. Pay and benefits are commensurate with experience. When applicable, per diem and lodging will be provided for out-of-town work.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, or sexual orientation.