Archaeological Technician for Phoenix, AZ - Job Posting for AZTEC Engineering
Please post the following job to Shovel Bums job board.
Archaeological Technician- Job Description
We are currently seeking resumes from qualified Archaeological Technicians for our Phoenix, Arizona office. The role will be to assist in completion of archaeological field projects (survey, monitoring, excavation) for AZTEC's Cultural Resource Group.
• Perform archaeological research and conduct site file searches at federal, state, tribal, and private repositories
• Assist with all types of archaeological investigations (survey, monitoring, testing, data recovery)
• Apply standardize field methods and complete field forms thoroughly and accurately
• Assist with lab work
• Communicate effectively and work closely with fellow employees
Archaeological Technician- Required Skills:
• BA or BS in anthropology, archaeology, or closely related field
• Completion of academic-sponsored field school or minimum of 6 months experience in CRM
• Previous experience performing archaeological excavation
• Ability to perform fieldwork in adverse conditions (rugged terrain, remote locations, hot and cold temperatures, arid environments, dense vegetation) and carry up to 25 pounds of equipment
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability and willingness to travel
• Reliable transportation, good driving record
• Experience collecting field data using ESRI Collector software is preferred
Working Conditions and Environment:
Will need the ability to establish rapport quickly with others working on the same project, and be able to promote a positive team environment. A working knowledge of dealing with a diverse population while using tact, diplomacy, and respect.
AZTEC offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, life insurance, short and long-term disability, flexible spending accounts, Paid-time-Off, and a 401(k)/Profit Sharing program.
AZTEC Engineering Group, Inc. (AZTEC) is headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona, and provides diversified technical and consulting services to clients in the United States. AZTEC has offices in California, Colorado, Indiana, Nevada, and Texas. AZTEC is part of the TYPSA Group, an international consulting engineering firm with over 2,600 employees and more than 50 offices worldwide providing multidisciplinary consulting services in the fields of civil engineering, architecture and environment. AZTEC has a diverse culture that focuses on providing rich opportunities for its employees.
AZTEC is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to affirmative action planning and encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran or marital status.Please apply online at www.aztec.us/career.