Immediate Openings for Field Archaeologists in Connecticut and Massachusetts
Heritage Consultants, LLC, a Connecticut-based cultural resource management company, has openings for Field Archaeologists for upcoming and ongoing work throughout Connecticut and Massachusetts. Fieldwork will include Phase I cultural resources survey, Phase II testing projects, and Phase III data recovery projects.
Qualified candidates must have:
• Bachelor's degree in Archaeology, Anthropology, or a related field;
• Completed an accredited archaeological field school;
• At least 6 months of archaeological field experience with a professional cultural resources firm;
• Experience performing archaeological survey and excavation;
• Ability to work in diverse terrain that will involves hiking to and from project areas;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Ability to work well with others and be a proactive part of a project team;
• Detailed note taking skills;
• A valid driver's license and reliable transportation;
Important: Please Read Carefully
Due to the lessening of restrictions related to the COVID-19 outbreak, Heritage Consultants, LLC wil provide single occupancy hotel lodging. However, on order to confine traveling in confined spaces, crew members will be required to commute to job sites independently in their own vehicles. A mileage stipend will be paid for daily commuting. Further, you must not have tested positive for COVID-19 in the last two weeks or have been staying with or caring for anyone known to have the virus.
Please send a cover letter (in PDF or WORD format) that presents your field experience, including any in New England; a copy of your resume/CV; contact information for at least of two references; and a date of availability to dgeorge@.... Starting pay will be commensurate with experience and is competitive for the region. Strong preference will be given to field archaeologists currently residing or have a place to stay in Connecticut or Massachusetts.
Heritage Consultants is an equal opportunity employer and a Drug-Free Workplace