PaleoWest is a solution-driven cultural resources consulting firm that prides itself on employing the best CRM professionals in the industry. Headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona, PaleoWest places an emphasis on supporting our clients’ needs, fostering new technologies that advance our industry while better protecting fragile cultural resources, and promoting professional development within the framework of innovation.
We are currently seeking an Archaeological Field Director for our Austin, Texas office. We are looking for an individual to become part of the team that assists our Principal Investigators and Project Managers with projects in Texas, Arkansas, Oklahoma, and Louisiana. This is a full time, salaried position that comes with a great benefits package that includes unlimited vacation, huge growth potential, and an aggressive bonus program.
· The successful applicant will work alongside our existing staff to successfully navigate cultural resources regulations for our clients.
· Candidates must have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in anthropology, archaeology, or a closely related field and two years of demonstrated professional experience leading archaeological survey, monitoring, and data recovery projects at a crew chief or similar level.
· Experience with the archaeology and history is required.
· The successful candidate will work out of our Texas office. They will oversee local and non-local field projects and should be able and willing to travel throughout Texas and adjacent states.
· The successful candidate will work out of our Austin, Texas, office, but remote work is an option, and we encourage applicants from all locations to apply.
· Be adaptable and eager to grow.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
· Excellent oral and written communication skills and commitment to achieving team goals.
· Knowledge of federal and state regulations pertaining to cultural resources.
· Demonstrated experience directing archaeological fieldwork projects at a crew chief or field director level.
· Demonstrated experience writing and preparing cultural resources technical reports.
· Demonstrated leadership abilities, including providing guidance and oversight to field crews and office/reporting staff.
PaleoWest is one of the most respected firms in the industry, with offices across the United States. If you are interested in joining our rapidly growing team of professionals, please send a resume and cover letter, including salary requirements. Salary will be commensurate with experience, and bonuses will be offered for exceptional performance. Our benefits package includes health insurance, a 401(k) plan with employer matching after six months of employment, unlimited personal time off, telecommuting, and a flexible work schedule.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, or sex.