Topics

Field Director-Phoenix, AZ

Company Profile

PaleoWest is a solution-driven cultural resources consulting firm that prides itself on employing the best CRM professionals in the industry. Headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona, PaleoWest places an emphasis on supporting our clients’ needs, fostering new technologies that advance our industry while better protecting fragile cultural resources, and promoting professional development within the framework of innovation.

Job Description

We are currently seeking an Archaeological Field Director for our Phoenix, Arizona, office. This is a full time, salaried position that comes with a great benefits package that includes unlimited vacation, huge growth potential, and an aggressive bonus program.

Qualifications
  • The successful applicant will work alongside our existing staff to successfully navigate cultural resources regulations for our clients.
  • Candidates must have a B.A. or M.A. degree in anthropology, archaeology, or a closely related field and two years of demonstrated professional experience leading archaeological survey, monitoring, and data recovery projects.
  • Experience with the archaeology and history of Arizona is required.
  • The successful candidate will work out of our Phoenix office, which is located just north of downtown. However, they will oversee local and non-local field projects and should be able and willing to travel throughout Arizona and adjacent states.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
  • Excellent oral and written communication skills and commitment to achieving team goals.
  • Knowledge of federal and state regulations pertaining to cultural resources.
  • Demonstrated experience directing archaeological fieldwork projects at a crew chief- or field director-level.
  • Demonstrated experience writing and preparing cultural resources technical reports.
  • Demonstrated leadership abilities, including providing guidance and oversight to field crews and office/reporting staff.
Additional Information

PaleoWest is one of the most respected firms in the industry, with offices across the United States.  If you are interested in joining our rapidly growing team of professionals, please send a resume & cover letter including salary requirements.  Salary will be commensurate with experience, and bonuses will be offered for exceptional performance. Our benefits package includes health insurance, a 401(k) plan with employer matching after six months of employment, unlimited personal time off, telecommuting, and a flexible work schedule.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, or sex.

Interested parties apply here.