Cultural Resource Project Manager (Tucson, AZ)
Statistical Research, Inc. (SRI), a multidisciplinary cultural resources consulting firm, has one full-time position available for a cultural resource project manager. SRI provides comprehensive CRM services to private and government clients at the federal, state, and local levels throughout the western United States from offices in Arizona, California, New Mexico, Texas, and Washington. SRI is a member of the American Cultural Resources Association.
Job Summary: SRI is seeking a motivated individual to provide project management services for an on-going contract with the Arizona Department of Emergency and Military Affairs (AZDEMA). The successful candidate will work closely with the AZDEMA Cultural Resource Manager (CRM), other AZDEMA staff, and the cultural resource management team to help ensure that AZDEMA meets its responsibilities as defined under the National Historic Preservation Act (NHPA). The position will be based in SRI’s Tucson office, however regular travel to the Papago Park Military Reservation (PPMR) in Phoenix will be required. Travel between the two locations will be compensated.
Essential Job Functions:
· Tracking AZDEMA projects from start to finish; maintaining an Excel spreadsheet that will be updated daily or weekly as well as queried to generate update reports.
· Maintain the current Excel spreadsheet for tracking all projects from start to finish with particular attention during review and final approval then given to SHPO for review; continued communication between AZDEMA staff and SHPO is essential.
· Participate in weekly conference calls pertaining to project and program status, including drafting minutes in a Word document for final review.
· Assist the cultural resource manager with her schedule and Microsoft Outlook Calendar; help with scheduling and keeping appointments, as necessary.
· Assist Team Leaders in the preparation of consultation documents and reports.
· Be the liaison between AZDEMA project proponents, the AZDEMA CRM, and the cultural resource team.
· Help with coordinating and planning of group meetings such as quarterly Summit Meetings with project principals; this may include scheduling dates and places, create agendas, organizing food and beverage, and sending out reminder notices.
· B.A. in Anthropology/Archaeology or related field.
· Familiarity with Federal and State regulations as they pertain to cultural resource management.
· Ability to obtain a Common Access Card (CAC) for security clearance with the military to connect with the Federal computer system. (A background check is required.)
· Knowledge of latest versions of Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat.
· Experience working in a fast-paced office setting.
· Detail oriented, strong communication skills, and a team player.
· Proficient with Apple computers and crossover software is a plus.
Duty Location: Tucson, Arizona, with periodic paid travel to Papago Park Military Reservation (Phoenix) and other AZDEMA installations.
Position Information: Full-time salaried
Compensation: SRI offers a compensation package that includes competitive pay; professional leave; medical coverage; retirement plan; and paid vacation/sick, and holiday leave. The salary for this position will be commensurate with the applicant's credentials, experience, and market forces.
How to apply: Applications can be submitted via e-mail to the address below and should include a resume of relevant experience, references (with contact information), and an example of the applicant’s technical writing. Applications
will be accepted until the position is filled. Include in the email subject line “AZDEMA Project Manager.”