Ethnoscience, Inc. is a cultural resource management firm based in Billings, Montana. We are seeking a staff archaeologist for work primarily in Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wyoming. The position is a full-time, salaried position with a generous benefits package. The candidate can expect to conduct or supervise all stages of archaeological and historic research including file searches, survey, testing and evaluation, data recovery, and construction monitoring. The candidate should expect frequent stays away from the office for fieldwork.
Qualified candidates must have:
-Master’s degree in Archaeology, Anthropology, History or a related field
-At least 16 months of archaeological field experience with a professional cultural resource management firm;
· -Ability to walk up to 10 miles a day, carry heavy loads for short distances, or excavate three levels in clay loam per day, and spend long periods standing in a stooped position while screening;
· -Experience with NRHP evaluation of historic and archaeological sites;
· -Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
· -Ability to work well with others and be a proactive team leader;
· -A valid driver's license;
· -Ability to operate GPS units and navigate using USGS maps.
Experience in Northern Plains archaeology and familiarity with stone features is preferred but not necessary.
To apply please send a cover letter (in PDF or WORD format) that presents your field experience, a copy of your professional vita, two references, and a recent example of your writing that includes a site description (max. 3 pages) to swagers@... or ethno@...