Position Announcement: Archaeologist-Project Director
International Archaeology, LLC (IA), an equal opportunity employer, seeks a fixed-term Archaeology Project Director for its Guam office. This position involves directing projects in the field and office, writing reports, and assisting with project staffing needs. Fieldwork will be required at times, and might involve hiking in heavy vegetation or over rough terrain in tropical heat. Occasional travel to neighbor islands may be required. The contract period will be for one year. The contract may be extended as company needs and individual performance warrant.
The candidate must have:
1) Graduate degree in anthropology or related field.
2) Experience in leading or directing fieldwork.
3) Writing, research, fieldwork, and computer skills including experience with GIS software.
4) Experience as an archaeological Project Director or Team Leader; good organizational skills including the ability to maintain project schedules.
5) Good interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
Position available immediately. Salary and benefits are commensurate with the position, experience of the applicant, and industry standards. IA will provide at least partial payment for relocation expenses and will provide free housing on Guam for the first four weeks of employment. Please submit a letter of interest and résumé (including three references) to GuamOffice@..., Attn: Justin. Closing date: August 30, 2019.