1 Temporary Archaeological Field Director -UT-Horrocks Engineers

Chase Wengreen

Job Description

Horrocks Engineers is seeking an Archaeological Field Director to work out of our Pleasant Grove, Utah office beginning as soon as possible. Responsibilities will include assisting with survey, monitoring, and excavation of cultural resources in Utah, Colorado, Arizona, Nevada, and Idaho. Additional responsibilities will include site form and report preparation. This position is full-time and expected to work a minimum of 40 hours per week. Additional hours may be available depending on project availability including both field and office work. This position is temporary, based on project availability. We expect the position to last a minimum of 5 months, with the potential to be extended beyond that time.

Job Requirements

·        BA or BS in anthropology with an archaeological emphasis is required.

·        A Master’s degree is preferred.

·        One year of supervisory experience in the Intermountain West is preferred.

·        Basic archaeological field skills for survey, excavation, and monitoring of construction work are required.

·        Familiarity with the Utah Archaeology Site Form (UASF) format is also required.

·         Applicants must be able to hike at least 8 miles per day in a variety of weather conditions in remote locations over difficult and uneven terrain while carrying up to 25 lbs. of gear.

·        Some fieldwork will require overnight stays.

The successful applicant will have experience compiling archaeological site forms from various states in the Intermountain West and demonstrate proficiency in drafting archaeological reports in compliance with state and agency standards.

Compensation:

Hourly wage rates start at $25 and are based on education and experience. Per diem and single-occupancy lodging are provided when applicable.

Please apply on our website at horrocks.com or send your resume to us jobs@...

Chase Wengreen

Human Resources Generalist

Horrocks Engineers email sig-01

2162 W. Grove Parkway, Suite 400

Pleasant Grove, Utah 84062

Office  801-763-5100 Ext. 315

Mobile 435-557-6476
Email chasew@...

Web www.horrocks.com

Join our team! View current openings here