1 Crew Chief- Ridgecrest, CA- Epsilon Systems Solutions, Inc.
Epsilon Systems Solutions, Inc. as part of the T&E Technologies Joint Venture is currently seeking a full-time Crew Chief in Ridgecrest, CA in support of a new 5-year contract.
Responsible for the supervision of Cultural Resources Management (CRM) field staff conducting archaeological survey, testing, monitoring, and data recovery ranging throughout California, with focus on contract support at NAWS China Lake. The ideal candidate must demonstrate effective communication, organization, and leadership skills with relevant regional experience in all phases of CRM. Pay rate will be commensurate with experience, ranging from $27 to $33/hour.
· Serve as the Crew Chief for complex cultural resource investigations, with supervision of a field crew
· Conduct and lead cultural resources surveys, site recording, excavations, monitoring, and other fieldwork duties
· Implement research designs, treatment plans, and other CRM documents and guidance
· Coordinate with Managers to ensure that projects are concluded on schedule and within budget
· Quality Control for all data collected in the field
· Bachelor’s Degree in archaeology, anthropology or related field
· Minimum two years of supervisory experience in CRM (preferably in California and/or the western U.S.)
· Strong leadership, communication, and problem-solving skills
· Valid Driver’s license
· Ability to obtain a security clearance
· Some sedentary work is performed in an office setting. Outdoors. Rugged to extremely rugged terrain in extreme temperature ranges, often in uninhabited areas.
· Must be able to walk 8-10 miles a day with field pack and ample water, over rough terrain in variable weather conditions which likely will include high temperatures in summer months.
· A portion of the duties require working outdoors under extreme temperature, strenuous physical effort associated with hiking during archaeological reconnaissance and surveys, such as climbing steep slopes, and physical labor such as stooping, bending, carrying loads in excess of 50 pounds associated with archaeological excavation work.
Interested parties please apply using the following link:
The information contained in this communication from the sender is confidential. It is intended solely for use by the recipient and others authorized to receive it. If you are not the recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in relation of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.