SWCA Environmental Consultants | Arch Field Techs - On Call - Las Vegas NV

swcarecruiter

SWCA Environmental Consultants is seeking to fill one or more on-call Archaeological Field Technician positions for projects based out of our Las Vegas office with anticipated fieldwork to occur throughout Nevada. These are temporary, hourly positions and the candidate will need to be available for on-call hours of work which could be up to 40 hours per week depending on workload. Overtime hours may be possible on some projects. When out-of-town travel is required, per diem, hotel room accommodations, and field vehicles are provided.
Job Responsibilities:
1. Conduct archaeological survey, testing, data recovery, laboratory analysis, and/or data entry under the supervision of a Crew Chief, Field Director, Project Manager, or Principal Investigator
2. Comply with all SWCA and client health and safety policies and procedures
3. Assist with GPS data collection in the field using Trimble units (knowledge of TerraSync is a plus)
4. Take detailed notes on appropriate forms provided by SWCA and assist with digital photography.
Job Qualifications:

1. A Bachelor's Degree in Anthropology, Archaeology, or a closely related field is required
2. Archaeological field school or six (6) months of field experience including survey and excavation is required
3. Great Basin or Southwest archaeology field experience is preferred
4. Ability to travel for up to 10 days at a time; to conduct fieldwork for long hours, sometimes in inclement weather conditions, often in rugged terrain; to carry equipment and supplies weighing up to 40 pounds; and to walk up to 7 miles per day is required
SWCA Environmental Consultants is an employee-owned company of environmental professionals who specialize in natural and cultural resource management, environmental planning, and regulatory compliance. We offer a team-oriented work environment, and a competitive compensation and benefits package, including an employee stock ownership plan (retirement).

In support of our value of integrity, SWCA promotes a safe and drug free workplace. We participate in e-verify and pre-employment background screening services. SWCA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and covered veterans to apply.

How to Apply:
Letters of Interest and resumes must be received through our online application system at www.swca.com to receive consideration.

If you need assistance or accommodations to apply, please contact us at recruiting@swca.com.

Visit SWCA's web site, www.swca.com, and discover why SWCA is a great place to work for environmental professionals interested in sound science and creative solutions.