The Historic Resource Management Services program at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee is looking to hire 2-4 individuals for various monitoring and survey projects throughout Wisconsin. Single-occupancy lodging and per diem will be provided. Start date is September 1 and is expected to end mid December 2010.
Compensation is $12-$14.50/hour and will be commensurate with experience.
- Monitor various construction activities
- Maintain daily notes and photographic documentation
- Submit weekly reports to senior staff
- Work closely with construction crews, staff, and project manager
- Work with Tribal Monitors
- Follow UWM and client safety and conduct guidelines
- Identify and assess cultural material and features
- Conduct archaeological survey
- Communicate monitoring activities with project manager
- Degree in archaeology, anthropology of closely related field
- Completion of archaeological field school
- 2 years of experience is preferred but not required
- Strong oral and written communication skills are essential
- Ability to work independently for periods of time
Prior monitoring experience is a plus.
Selected candidates must also have a valid driver's license, have a clean/excellent driving record, and pass a background check.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should send your CV/resume, a cover letter and three current references via email to nicholls@... or by mail addressed to Brian Nicholls, Sabin Hall 300, 3413 N. Downer Ave., UW-Milwaukee, Milwaukee, WI 53211.
Inquiries can be directed to Brian Nicholls via email at nicholls@...