Project Archeologist (full time) – McKinney, Denton, or Waco, TX

Kevin Stone

Project Archeologist – McKinney, Denton, or Waco, TX

Greetings,

As the Cultural Resources Director at IES, I wanted to take a moment to detail our needs and why we are excited to add another full time Project Archeologist to our team.  Since 2012, the cultural resources department staff has expanded from 1 to 13 permanent staff members.  This growth also contributed to the need for an expansion from 1 to 4 offices in North Central Texas and Arkansas.  Our projects transpire across Arkansas, Texas, Oklahoma, and Mississippi and the complexity of work spans the entire spectrum from simple desktop reviews to Phase III data recovery projects.  A big part to this success is the continuous expansion and fortification of our team’s skillsets.  Although our team is fairly small, we pack a big punch, having experts in Historic Archeology, Prehistoric Archeology, GIS Analysis, Geophysical Survey, Deed/Title and Archival Research, Lithic Analysis, Technical Report Writing, and Curation to name a few.  Our ever-expanding workload and desire to further fortify our knowledge, skills, and abilities is the reason we are eager to hire an additional Project Archeologist.

If you are excited about working in an environment where the efforts of one person can have a huge impact and are interested in working within a collaborative team of both cultural and environmental professionals, IES is the place for you.  We have a very diverse client base that span from private developers to state and federal agencies, so you will have the opportunity to work on many different project types and locations.  While IES has many large projects that span many months, we also have a continuous supply of smaller, quick turnaround projects, which keeps our tempo at a rapid pace.  As with every staff member, my team and I will help nurture the selected candidate’s potential by giving them the training and support needed; however, we are even more excited about the opportunity to hand them the reigns to their own career and helping them maximize their potential.  We are excited to hear from you and to learn about how you can help take IES to the next phase in our evolution.

To find out more, please visit our website at www.intenvsol.com or find us on social media: @IntegratedEnvironmentalSolutions on Facebook, @i.e.solutions on Instagram, or Integrated Environmental Solutions, LLC on LinkedIn.

Preferred Experience

·      hold a Masters degree in Anthropology, Archeology, or related field;

·      have a working knowledge of ArcGIS;

·      have a minimum of 2 years’ experience leading archeological survey, testing and/or excavation projects;

·     have demonstrated office experience related to processing field data;

·      display the ability to develop field methodologies utilizing Texas, Arkansas, and/or Mississippi archeological standards and/or Section 106 procedures;

·     display the willingness to work long hours under less than desirable weather, topographic, and environmental conditions; and

·      have proven experience working independently with little supervision;

·     have a valid driver’s license

·      be listed as an author or contributing author for regulatory compliance reports

Duties:  This position require approximately 50 percent fieldwork and 50 percent office related tasks.  Role of the Project Archeologist at IES will include, but not limited to, developing methodologies for archeological investigations, conducting and leading field investigations, conducting in-depth background and archival research, preparing agency coordination letters and technical reports, and processing field data.  The selected applicant will work from the IES offices in McKinney, Denton, or Waco, Texas.

Benefits:  This posting is a full-time, hourly based position with benefits that include 75 percent employer paid employee health care and dental coverage, accrued personal time off, floating personal holidays, participation in a SIMPLE IRA plan with employer match, short and long-term disability, company cell phone, and gym membership.

Salary:  Compensation for this position will be provided on an hourly basis with a yearly salary range between $45,000 to $55,000, which does not include any overtime or bonuses.  The specific salary amount will be based on the applicant’s qualifications and experience.

To Apply:  Please submit a cover letter and resume that includes a minimum of three references to admin@....  IES is a drug free workplace.  The selected candidate will be required to take a pre-employment DOT 5 drug screening.  All IES employees are required to be available for periodic random drug testing.