1 Permanent Full-Time Cultural Resource Lab Director
Please see “Updated & Revised” version of this post: https://groups.io/g/ShovelBums/message/12073
Applicant must have CRM experience and a successful history of grant and/or proposal writing as it pertains to funding a CRM office. Applicant should possess experience in drafting Programmatic Agreements and Memoranda of Agreement and Understanding with federal and state agencies. Necessary skills include:
In-depth knowledge of laws, regulations, policies, and guidelines regarding the preservation and protection of cultural resources, including the following examples:
Archaeological Resources Protection Act, as amended
Antiquities Act, as amended (moved to 54 USC 320301-320303 and 18 USC 1866(b))
Archaeological and Historic Preservation Act, as amended (16 USC 470aa-mm)
National Environmental Policy Act, as amended (42 USC 4321, and 42 USC 4331-4335)
National Historic Preservation Act, as amended (54 USC 300101 et seq.: Historic Preservation)
National Historic Landmarks Program (54 USC 302102-302108)
Native American Graves Protection and Repatriation Act, as amended (25 USC 3001-3013)
Historic Sites Act, as amended (moved to 54 USC 320101-320106)
· Education: Master’s Degree in anthropology, archaeology, history, or a closely related field.
· Minimum of five (5) years of experience in cultural resources management (CRM) on a variety of project types and sizes, with increasing levels of responsibility.
· Minimum of two (2) years of experience in CRM in a supervisory capacity, whether in the field or in the office.
· Experience managing CRM projects, including budgets, scheduling, and scopes of work.
· Meets the Secretary of the Interior’s Professional Qualifications Standards in archaeology.
· Demonstrated experience in federal, state, and local laws and regulations related to the management of cultural resources (NEPA, Section 106 of the NHPA)
· Has completed all aspects of a project, from pre-field tasks to final report preparation for a variety of project types and sizes.
· Excellent technical writing skills with a record of completing technical reports in a timely fashion.
· Ability to adapt quickly to changes in project needs, agency requests, and more.
· Ability to work independently and collaboratively with a variety of colleagues, clients, and agency representatives.
· Ability to travel and conduct fieldwork for long hours and extended periods, sometimes in inclement weather and rugged terrain, and ability to carry equipment and supplies weighing up to 40 pounds.
· Ability to organize and track field data, and to collect GPS data using Trimble units and tablets or comparable GPS equivalents.
· GIS and Arc View competence required.
· Valid Driver’s License required.
· Ability to be listed on State and Federal Permits.
Interacting with students, faculty and leadership with different backgrounds and points of view and a deep appreciation of and respect for academic values and culture must be a top value of the candidate.
If you are looking for a rewarding and dynamic career, look no further than the Augustana University in Sioux Falls, SD. Augustana offers an excellent benefit package including health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, AD&D, short- and long-term disability, retirement plan, tuition assistance, holiday, vacation and sick pay.
Application Procedure: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Interested applicants should complete an Augustana University employment application, provide a cover letter, statement of diversity, a resume, and the names, addresses and phone numbers of three referees. Application materials are to be sent electronically to: humanresources@.... Official website: www.augie.edu.
Augustana University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Title IX Employer that seeks to recruit, develop and retain a talented and diverse workforce. Augustana University is committed to excellence through diversity and strongly encourages applications from the entire spectrum of a diverse community. Submission of official transcripts may be required upon employment. Finalist candidates must satisfactorily complete pre-employment background check.