ICF is currently seeking On-Call (Temporary) Archaeologists who are based in the Los Angeles, San Diego, Inland Empire Area, or Orange County, CA areas.
The On-Call/Temporary Archaeologist will assist senior archaeologists in fieldwork, laboratory analysis, monitoring, and preparation of technical reports and environmental documents. Duties will include conducting and compiling background research, survey, testing, evaluation, data recovery, and construction monitoring, laboratory work, assistance with report preparation as well as other tasks as assigned. Position requires excellent field skills, artifact analyses, keeping of field notes and records, and writing key sections of reports (methods, results, artifact analyses). Travel for up to 10 days
may be required.
About On-Call Employment with ICF
Given the seasonal or project-specific nature of our environmental work, ICF often hires environmental professionals as “On-Call” employees. On-Call employees are scheduled for work hours as they become available (while we usually schedule work hours a few weeks ahead of time, last minute scheduling may also occur), and each on-call employee is free to accept or refuse the hours assigned to them in a given week. On-Call employees may work concurrent projects outside of their ICF assignment (as long as their outside work does not create a conflict of interest with the work they do for ICF).
· Bachelor's degree in Archaeology, Anthropology, or related field
· 2+ years of field experience in archaeological monitoring and survey
· Ability to communicate and coordinate effectively with ICF senior staff and construction personnel
· Knowledge of computers and GPS equipment is critical
· Background in prehistoric or historic period archaeology is required
· Ability to conduct field visits at locations throughout Southern California
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Must have valid driver’s license and successfully pass a Motor Vehicle Records (MVR) check.
· Field experience in Los Angeles, eastern San Diego County, and/or Imperial County
· Cross training in paleontological monitoring
· Railroad Safety Training for a Southern California Railroad or transit district (please specify)
· Active 40-hour HAZWOPER training
· Salary - $20+ per hour